• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Football Outsiders early NFCS prediction

CelibatePimp

Panthers OL--much better than it was first 10 games last year.

Panthers RB--much better.  DW was done; Stew was hurt.  CAP, healthy Stew, Whittaker, a healthy Tolbert.  Not even close.

Panthers TE--a bit better.  Dickson was just getting involved in the offense at the end of 2014.  He should be better.

Panthers WR--Funchess and Benjamin will be better than a rookie Benjamin.  Supporting cast is also better. 

Panthers QB--with better WRs, OL, RBs, and TEs, he should be better.

Panthers Special teams--our biggest improvement, one nobody talks about. Todman, T. Williams, M. Brown, Coleman, Trusnik--these free agents were not signed accidentally.

Top 5 defense that added Coleman and Tillman to the secondary, Shaq to the LB corps.

7-9 is worse than the team was last year.  They are not into math.

We are the only team in the nfcs with an elite defense, I'll worry about the other teams when they can match us there. Plus with funchess I think our offense made a big step in the right direction, just wish I felt better about our oline

Let me try to make you feel better about the OL.

Our rookie guards last year were pretty good, and they did not play the entire season.  They will not be rookies this year.

Williams, as a run-blocking rookie RT, will be better than Remmers, who was average vs, the pass, poor in the run game.

Oher will be better than Bell, and he has been working hard, according to Rivera.

This line will not be great, but decent.  In addition, Remmers, Martin, and Silatolu give us much better depth.

yea i suppose you have a point Hatter. let me ask you though... do you think any of the rivals will be a thorn in our side this season?

I am more worried about the Falcons that any other team in the division.  They have always been a formidable offense...just weak on defense.

With a defensive HC now and a real focus on the defense in the draft, they have at least attempted to address a big weakness.  If they can get mediocre from that defense, they are a damn good team.

Qb:

1. Saints

2. Panthers

3. Falcons

4. Bucs

Rb:

1. Panthers

2. Saints

4. Bucs/Falcons (Garbage)

O-line:

1. Saints

2. Panthers

3. Bucs

4. Falcons

Wr:

1. Falcons

2. Bucs

3. Panthers

4. Saints

TE:

1. Panthers

2. Bucs

3. Saints

4. Falcons

D-line:

1. Panthers

2. Saints

3. Bucs

4. Panthers

LB:

1. Panthers

2. Bucs

3. Saints

4. Falcons

CB:

1. Panthers

2. Saints

3. Bucs

4. Falcons

S:

1. Saints

2. Falcons

3. Panthers

4. Bucs

Falcons are last in a ton of the position battles, but sure, they are the number one team.  :thumbsu:

Archived