• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Blackmon another failed drug test?

ctrcat

I agree that once you are an alcoholic, it is a disease and hard to kick by yourself.

However, with the $ resources Blackmon has at his disposal, all it takes it a good treatment program and a little self control and will. If he wanted to quit, he could.

Those things can certainly help, but ultimately there is a huge weight of responsibility on the addict to surrender to the reality of the disease. Many never do this and go through decades going back and forth between active sobriety and active addiction.

Your grandfather made the choices he made and whatever issues arose are a result of his choices and his choices alone. He needs to be held accountable, not as if it's some "disease" that's uncontrollable. And I would gladly say this right to your face, your grandfather's face, and whoever else's face you want.

And you wonder why people ask if the 96 in your name is for the year that you were born. :/

I'll be in sec532, row4, seat 5 of the first home game. See you then, cupcake ♡

And you wonder why people ask if the 96 in your name is for the year that you were born. :/

I'll be in sec532, row4, seat 5 of the first home game. See you then, cupcake ♡

I see you've resorted to backhanded comments towards me just because we have differing opinions. Relax buddy. 

I'd love to be there but won't make many, if any, home games this year. I'll be at the Giants game.

I'm kinda surprised nobody's addressed the full context of the story here.

It's not known at this point whether he actually failed a test, or simply didn't show up for one (which counts as a failed test, same as a diluted sample would).

And if he didn't show up, why? Did he just forget about it? Did he know he'd fail? Did he blow it off? What was it?

Right now, nobody knows.

The only real established fact so far is that he applied for reinstatement and the NFL denied it.

The 'why' is still up in the air.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. We clearly have different points of view on the matter, and I can respect all of your opinions even though none of you seem to be able to respect mine. I'm going to leave it at that.

It's not a fuging disease, stop with that bullshit.

Why respect what you spew when these are your chosen words? I get that you don't acknowledge addiction as a disease. That is your prerogative. I just hope you don't have to deal with it head on through friends, family, or yourself.

I'm kinda surprised nobody's addressed the full context of the story here.

It's not known at this point whether he actually failed a test, or simply didn't show up for one (which counts as a failed test, same as a diluted sample would).

And if he didn't show up, why? Did he just forget about it? Did he know he'd fail? Did he blow it off? What was it?

Right now, nobody knows.

The only real established fact so far is that he applied for reinstatement and the NFL denied it.

The 'why' is still up in the air.

He was drunk and didn't want to risk a DWI?  ;)

You are right though, it isn't really stated why he was denied readmission.  In truth, it could be not showing, or failing, or something else.  In today's image conscious NFL, who knows.

Why respect what you spew when these are your chosen words? I get that you don't acknowledge addiction as a disease. That is your prerogative. I just hope you don't have to deal with it head on through friends, family, or yourself.

I feel strongly about it so that's how I expressed my opinion. I didn't attack anybody or hurl insults around. And you have no idea what my experiences have been with addiction. Growing up where I did and around the people I did, I probably have had more experiences with it than anybody here. Just about everyone I played with when I was working the circuits had some serious problems, including myself for a period of time. I witnessed people very close to me kill themselves through drugs because they believed it was a "disease" that they couldn't heal and had no motivation to try to help themselves, because some dumbass doctors told them that. Don't assume sh*t about me, as you have no idea where I've come from or what my experiences are. I appreciate you looking out for me though and I will leave it at that.

Those things can certainly help, but ultimately there is a huge weight of responsibility on the addict to surrender to the reality of the disease. Many never do this and go through decades going back and forth between active sobriety and active addiction.

Agree.

The most important thing is that the person needs to understand that they are the only ones that can change the situation....with professional help of course. That is why they often say you need to hit rock bottom first.

With continued chances and money that Blackmon has had, I do not think he understands the situation...and will never change

Archived