• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OK so I got a BIG Problem!!!!

Hotsauce

As some of you know, recently I moved to SC. For the past 4 months, we have kept a majority of our personal belongings inside my office, which is basically an old warehouse. The upside here was it was A) free and B) close to our apartment.

Well we just bought a house, and yesterday I was grabbing a few boxes out of the storage building. I picked up a rug, and a freaking mouse jumped out at me!!!! :eek: He ran behind a large stack of boxes and got away. As I started to move things around, I notice a large presence of mouse poo.

About a week ago, the warehouse manager must have spotted one, so he put mouse traps and down rat poison (of course he doesn't tell me that). I noticed that the rat turds are blue, so I know the mice are eating this poison. I even can spell a dead one, somewhere near (or in) my stuff.:incazzato:

We have decided to get everything out of there this weekend (labor day of all weekends!) I know these mice like to chew there way into boxes, or find ways into furniture.

My questions is, how can I safely get the stuff out of the storage and into the house, mouse free? I am worried that we will transplant a mouse (or a family of mice) into our new home.

What preventative things can I do to my home pre-moving stuff in? What is the best way to ensure my stuff is mouse free before it gets moved in?

Ohh and baiting the house with Rat poison wont work, cause I have a black lab.

This incident happened yesterday, but there were mouse traps and poison out for a week now, but we have not caught or killed any that we can confirm.

Anyone have industry knowledge on these situations, or had the same type of problem? Kurb, I know you have done some work with Killing Zombies...

Thanks in advance! :patriot:

Go to Home Depot with 80 bucks and grab you a few day laborers and sit back with a beer as you watch them do the work.

Excellent idea. Hotsauce, raton is the Spanish word for mouse. You're welcome.

Archived