• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Massive blocking fullback not new to Shula

Jeremy Igo

The second half for opposing D's is gonna be unpleasant this year.  Just these big guys leaning on you all day is gonna wear you out.

The right side of our line?  Turner, Williams, big nasty fullback and then Stewart or Cam coming through.

And it is just May.  I know you are not supposed to wish your life away, but.......

Now that the league's defenses have adjusted to faster single back sets.... Don't be shocked if a blocking fullback makes it back into the play book.

True. Schemes in the NFL are cyclical. It always comes back to running, blocking, and tackling. With teams replacing LB's w/ a extra DB, I could see this working.

This is going to be a MAJOR change for the offense if we go to more of 21/22 personnel (two backs/ one or two TEs). I believe we only ran this around 20% of the time the last few years preferring to spread out the line of scrimmage. It means that Cam will be much more of a conventionl QB and won't be running the option nearly as much. We will be much more of a true running team, forcing defenses to bring a safety into the box and and play man instead of zone and make double teams harder.

Archived