• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 Incomplete passes breakdown

Gett knows this.  That's why he keeps going and getting big receivers for Cam. 

Cam is not a very accurate QB guys.  You can blame that on the o-line and Shula and Ken Dorsey or whomever you want.  

But Cam still deserves 25+ million per year contract and hes shoulder to shoulder with Manning, Brady and other superstars when we are comparing their early career stats. 

note:

-Luck had the receivers with the worst drop rate (6.2%) while Romo had the receivers with the best hands (2.8% drop rate)

-Brees is the most accurate QB in the NFL, but is among the worst in passes batted down because he's so short

-Brady and Peyton Manning have below-average accuracy but they overcome it with how smart they are as game managers

-Tannehill is the 4th-most accurate QB and they loaded him up with weapons for 2015

Neither Brady nor Manning were below average in accuracy this year.   Neither of them can throw deep with the accuracy they use to though.

Same old same old in here.

Anyone with eyes can see that Newton is still finding that balance with his accuracy. Shocking that a QB with 4 NFL seasons as a starter is still not yet perfect isn't it?

Problem is, some people are attempting to form a conclusion based on only the 2014 season versus looking at the complete picture.

If you look at his passing efficiency from 2011-2013, he was actually improving each year.

Newton showed inconsistency here and there with the accuracy throughout his first 3 seasons, but not nearly at the level we saw last season, particularly with the deep passes. Why? Well, we all know the contributing factors, and there were many of them. Some people will just call them excuses, but those individuals have generally shown that they are incapable of objectivity on the subject. I know Newton needs to improve, but I also realize that the events which transpired and worked against this football team in 2014 were certainly not the norm. I'm expecting big things from a healthy Cam Newton in 2015, I just hope that Oher is the LT we expect, and hope for him to be. Our season may very well hinge on him.

Get him tackles that will allow him to step into his throws instead of off of his back foot and his issues will decrease dramatically

This may very well be the case, if the bad habits were corrected.  he threw off his back foot when not pressured too.  With Cam, the guard play helped him a lot.  I am optimistic about the OTs, but I am really excited about our Guards--they were green rookies last year.

These stats do not take into account the offensive system.

They do not take into account a running QB versus a QB who dumps the ball off to the RB.

If you factor in the offensive system, and account for Cam Newton's runs in place of high percentage dump off passes, then you have Cam Newton on par with Tom Brady and Peyton Manning with their inefficiency relative to bad throws.

When you account for a Drew Brees or Matt Ryan with the high amount of their screen passes and underneath routes which are higher percentage passes, you find that this skews the stats of 'bad throws' as a comparison.

The common thread for all QBs is their ability to move a team down field and convert on 3rd down as well as minimizing their turnovers (which goes for any player).

I am not concerned with the total amount of bad throws.  I am concerned with bad throws that end a drive in anything other than a score. This is how games are decided.

Tannehill is a damn good QB. I might would even take him over Cam. 

lol youre either a troll or dumb. i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and go with troll. 

if you like Tannehill so much, go be a Dolphins fan until Cam leaves and Tannehill signs a contract with the Panthers...

Archived