• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

UDFA Damiere Byrd - WR - South Carolina

Jeremy Igo

This kid is a midget. He is going to get killed when he starts taking NFL hits.

How the hell is he going to be able to block anyone or get off blocks?

He's on offensive player. He does not need to get off blocks. If he was trying to play linebacker you might have a point there.

I hope he takes cotchery or bersin's spot

Exactly WHO would be the vet in the film room without Cotch?

We would have Rookie, Rookie, 2nd year player, and Ginn, who is not known for his WR skills.

You can't have that much youth at the WR position, IMO.

Exactly WHO would be the vet in the film room without Cotch?

We would have Rookie, Rookie, 2nd year player, and Ginn, who is not known for his WR skills.

You can't have that much youth at the WR position, IMO.

Not much point in having a veteran WR if he is only reliable in the film room. Being a veteran means very little if he's dropping touchdown passes.

I'm hoping Cotchery can rebound from last year.

Not much point in having a veteran WR if he is only reliable in the film room. Being a veteran means very little if he's dropping touchdown passes.

He dropped a TD pass....who hasn't? That certainly doesn't nullify being a veteran leader of the receivers.

I disagree, but that's OK.

We do need a vet presence in the film room.  We are getting deep at WR, but we don't have much experience.  Cotch can provide that.

We are not that old on offense, yet.  Cam is a vet, but still young, Kalil, Stew, and Olsen are our only real "vets" right now on O.  Cam will be there soon.

He dropped a TD pass....who hasn't?

I know you like to be the resident contrarian here, but most people who watched the games last year acknowledge that he was a disappointment to put it nicely, it wasn't just touchdown drops. He was brought in to be a reliable target, and he was just about the exact opposite. Benjamin had some drops, but he isn't getting a pass this year either since he is no longer a rookie.

Have you seen Byrd play? I agree with you in their being a difference in game speed vs. track speed. But if you think Brown or Funchess are as fast as Byrd in pads - I promise you that is not the case. There are a lot of things Byrd isn't. But he is most certainly quite fast on a football field.

Oh no, I definitely wasn't comparing them. I was just pointing out people claiming Funch and Brown are slow be of their 40 times.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Flag football all star.

Who needs a dorset, when you can get byrd after the draft.

Jokes aside hope its a great start, but pads, pads, pads. Track stars don't like getting hit, at all. We'll how fast he is after a few nfl hits. Best thing he can do is learn how to avoid the full force of a tackle. The great ones whom are small are able to do this, its like magic trick.

Archived