• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

UDFA Damiere Byrd - WR - South Carolina

Jeremy Igo

Although he is only 5'9 and 173, Byrd stood out to me today and not just in contrast to Funchess....

Damiere-Byrd-Panthers~0.jpg

Byrd showed greats hands...

Damiere-Byrd-Panthers-1~0.jpg

But more importantly he showed another gear that no one else on the field showed this morning. This kid has quicks and could be a sleeper. Haven't seen anyone that quick out there in quite a while.

The WR spot is pretty full on the roster but it may be worth keeping a player like him around on the PS and see what he becomes.

Although he is only 5'9 and 173, Byrd stood out to me today and not just in contrast to Funchess....

Damiere-Byrd-Panthers~0.jpg

Byrd showed greats hands...

Damiere-Byrd-Panthers-1~0.jpg

But more importantly he showed another gear that no one else on the field showed this morning. This kid has quicks and could be a sleeper. Haven't seen anyone that quick out there in quite a while.

The WR spot is pretty full on the roster but it may be worth keeping a player like him around on the PS and see what he becomes.

So is it safe to say he is as fast or faster than Cory Brown and Ginn?

I don't know about fast, but the kid goes from 0-60 quicker.

Would like to see him return punts.

Yes. Yes. Yes!  I know its early... how many WR do you think make the roster this year. The amount of competition we have tells me we can be deep and versatile.

He ran a 4.28 on grass (I know that's been beaten to death).

Ginn ran a 4.28

Brown ran a 4.51 at the combine.

According to reports, there was a pretty significant tailwind at the South Carolina pro day which probably counteracted the fact that it was on grass.

Long time reader...seldom poster here. Byrd's special team work at USC was on defense. He ran down everyone who would have taken it to the house. So think of him more along the lines of a defensive special teams guy.

Archived