• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daryl Williams - Rookie Camp

Jeremy Igo

If nothing else, this pick alleviates my fear that Gettleman was going to be over-reliant on Mike Remmers after a handful of decent games. Looks like the Bell/Chandler disaster taught them a lesson on expecting too much out of guys who aren't proven performers and who haven't shown great promise.

That's one thing I'll give the G-man credit for, he's not perfect, but the man does learn from his mistakes. Just like how we got burned when Ginn and Mitchell bolted for more money elsewhere after one good season with us and now look at Gettleman targeting veteran FAs with two years deals.

I completely agree about Remmers. I think he will be good and improve, and might even lock down the right side for the foreseeable future, but let's not overlook the fact that his sample size is small. Best thing possible is competition, and our tackle competition is gonna be vicious and I actually believe (due to competition) we will have the best line in a very long time.

He didn't have money to give two year deals so it wasn't like he "learned" anything.

When we signed Mitchell and Ginn, they were bargain basement signings.  Not like we would've had to give them significant guaranteed money.  We have Kurt Coleman signed for two years with only $600k guaranteed.  At the time we signed them, I think we would've been able to get Mitchell and Ginn for similar money.  Mitchell had only $250k guaranteed in his one year deal.  Hence why I say Gettleman learned a lesson. 

Here is a look at Daryl Williams.

First off, the guy is a really imposing figure. I can see why the Panthers were so high on him. He just has the look and presence of a NFL tackle. Some guys don't seem as big as their measurables, but Daryle definitely does.

panthers-rookie-camp-15-26.jpg

I might think twice about pointing the camera at him after a look like that.

I completely agree about Remmers. I think he will be good and improve, and might even lock down the right side for the foreseeable future, but let's not overlook the fact that his sample size is small. Best thing possible is competition, and our tackle competition is gonna be vicious and I actually believe (due to competition) we will have the best line in a very long time.

Remmers needs to move to the LT spot. He is a better pass blocker than run blocker. Let Williams man the RT. 

The above is assuming Remmers out preforms Oher in preseason splitting LT dutty. 

Archived