• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Bird shares a very sad but very touching experience:

gettlemanjack

If any of you ever have the opportunity to volunteer for an organization/non-profit that helps children with disablities and/or illness I encourage you to do so.  I promise you that it will affect/change you as much as it does them.  The smallest thing in our eyes can be the biggest thing in theirs; just a phone call in this case.  

This past weekend one of my wife's 1st grade students invited her to his t-ball game as part of his league's Teacher Appreciation Weekend.  What we didn't know until we showed up Saturday morning is this league helped those with disablities (some severe).  Although I was just a spectator it hit me right in the feels to see kids in wheelchairs grin from ear to ear to "run" to first base. Small things are big things.

Great story. 

so...to summarize....big bird killed a 5 year old boy just because he called him friend?

I couldn't imagine and wouldn't wish bad health of a child on anyone....been extremely blessed to have two healthy kids and pray they stay that way

Archived