• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera impressed with Funchess smarts...

Jeremy Igo

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/05/03/michigan-nfl-draft-picks/26848113/

In Carolina, coach Ron Rivera, on Funchess, whose whiteboard knowledge was impressive: "Devin's able to talk about the whole offense. He talks about the offensive line, running backs, tight ends, then talks about what the receiver was doing. His recall was very good. … He was one of the guys that was really outstanding. He did a very nice job with his recall, did a very nice job talking about certain plays. We're not saying this guy's a great athlete. We're trying to find out what kind of mental athlete he is as well. … Guys like that get on the field sooner."

I wonder what the WR hierarchy of "smart receivers" are......

Top 5 smartest receivers are?

When I played, back in the day, I made it my business to know what everyone was doing on every play because I never knew when I was going to have to play another position (Oline/ DLine/ Linebacker/ Special Teams). Coaches love that.

Archived