• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corvey Irvin and Sherrod Martin Better Prove Their Worth, and Quick...

Proudiddy

Let me break this down

1st. More then half your list was not Fox and Hurney Picks.

2nd. alot of your player not in bold letters were pretty good.

3rd. Other player were on the team for years.

4th out of maybe 12-13 (I could be wrong with the # of picks) picks used on the secondary by Fox and Co More then half are still or were on the team for a few years and contributed.

Like I said you just proved how good of a record they have when making draft picks for the secondary.

What you consider pretty good and what I consider pretty good are two different things. They only drafted 3 pretty good DB's in my opinion. Minter, Gamble, and Marshall. They have yet to draft a stud DB, (like Asomugha, Ed Reed, Polomalu, Samuel, Dawkins etc.)

What you consider pretty good and what I consider pretty good are two different things. They only drafted 3 pretty good DB's in my opinion. Minter, Gamble, and Marshall. They have yet to draft a stud DB, (like Asomugha, Ed Reed, Polomalu, Samuel, Dawkins etc.)

Bill Belichick has never drafted a stud RB; therefore, he is not a good drafter person.

[/Clemson fan football logic]

I don't know how you can judge a DT so early, only the top 2-4 DTs in the draft really make an impact. Expecting Irvin to impress so early is sort of dumb, although I don't remember much about him at Georgia.

See, even Saints fans are getting it. Why can't our fanbase?

DT's typically don't have the strength to make a huge difference in the NFL in their rookie year.

Takes at least a year of NFL conditioning.

I agree with this 100%. A year in the off season weight program will do Irvin a world of good. Sherrod Martin is a different story. I could expect a 2nd round pick to play immediately at nickel and perhaps push the starters. The transition from safety in college to corner in the NFL may slow down his ability to immediately contribute. I'm not a big fan of drafting players that "project" to play a different position in the NFL....especially with a 2nd round pick.

Thomas Davis worked out well but it took a couple of seasons to get him that good. The jury is still out on Charles Godfrey.

There is a difference between a stud DB and a perennial Probowler. You do realize that few teams if any have one of these guys on their team. For example no one in our division has one of these guys on their team let one one they drafted.

I agree with this 100%. A year in the off season weight program will do Irvin a world of good. Sherrod Martin is a different story. I could expect a 2nd round pick to play immediately at nickel and perhaps push the starters. The transition from safety in college to corner in the NFL may slow down his ability to immediately contribute. I'm not a big fan of drafting players that "project" to play a different position in the NFL....especially with a 2nd round pick.

Thomas Davis worked out well but it took a couple of seasons to get him that good. The jury is still out on Charles Godfrey.

Rookies are rookies no matter what round and most don't start at most positions outside of running back. Otah was a very pleasant surprise for us last year as was Beason the year before. Godfrey started but only because we had no one better. He cost us a lot of blown coverages last year.

Expecting Martin to play nickel which is often considered harder than corner in many offenses is pretty unrealistic wjhether he was a natural corner or not.

They didn't even draft Minter that was a Dom pick. How long have you been a panther fan?

this

OP needs to get a clue.

So we're playing Everette Brown more b/c he sucks and we've got to see what he has to offer? I must never see Corvey on the field b/c he has already proven his dominance in camp and is so much ahead of the curve. I got it now.

Tell me more oh wise football guru!!! Give me some clues!

***Pulls out my handy dandy notebook and sits in my thinking chair***

MMH the only players you can Judge Fox and Hurney on are

Richard Marshall = good player who should've been starting last year.

Nate Salley = Still on the team

Ben Emanuel = Yeah he was a bad pick

Chris Gamble = Good player

Ricky Manning = was a major player in the Superbowl season

Colin Branch = played on the team for years and was a started for at least one season.

Dante Wesley = still contributing

Brad Franklin = Bad Pick

Jarrod Cooper = contributed

And I'm not sure about Cooper,Franklin, and Wesley.

The rest of the player they have chosen are either in their Rookie year or 2nd year it is assinie to make a judgement on them now.

So we're playing Everette Brown more b/c he sucks and we've got to see what he has to offer. I must never see Corvey on the field b/c he has already proven his dominance in camp and is so much ahead of the curve. I got it now.

Tell me more oh wise football guru? Give me some clues!

Everrette Brown is essentially our 1st round pick, since that's what we traded for him, so of course he's gonna play.

It's way too early to judge Brown or Irvin though.

So we're playing Everette Brown more b/c he sucks and we've got to see what he has to offer. I must never see Corvey on the field b/c he has already proven his dominance in camp and is so much ahead of the curve. I got it now.

Tell me more oh wise football guru? Give me some clues!

Proudiddy people are telling why DT don't jump right in and make a impact.

1.Speed of the game

2. Size and Strength of the Guards and tackles in the Pros compared too college.

3. Technique that take time too learn in the pros when you mostly use god given talent in college.

It's harder for a DT's, WR's, QB's, CB's, C, and S's too make a instant impact then it is for T,G, DE, LB and RB.

Sometime you get lucky but mostly it takes time for player too develop.

Archived