• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corvey Irvin and Sherrod Martin Better Prove Their Worth, and Quick...

Proudiddy

it's the in thing.

you should try it and be like the cool kids.

Yeah, it's sad when the "in thing" is the exact opposite of staying calm and using common sense.

BTW, can anybody tell me how many rookie DT's actually made a big impact last year? It usually takes a season or two for rookie CB's and DT's to really stand out even if they're 1st round picks. Hell, there have been very few 1st round DE's that have even made much of an impact as rookies in the last few years.

Where is this ability you speak of? I haven't seen either of them make a play in any of the preseason games.

Corvey had some good penetration in the 1st and 2nd game. But beyond that it was his and Sherrod 1st games of their career. How can you or anyone know how they will be as players.

Hop I ask you a ? What is the panther track record when it comes too secondary picks in the draft?

the only thing that really pissed me off about the past draft is that after brown we really didn't go after any pure athletes.

at that point in a draft like that I think you just take the blackest, meanest, fastest SEC pipe hittin niggas in the draft you can find and worry about teaching them a position later.

every single d lineman the giants draft, for example, looks like something from that mutant league football. as long as they don't have any outstanding warrants, drug problems, or family advice from travis henry, do it.

We're even considering writing off rookie 2nd day picks before the 4th game of preseason?

LOL, it is amazing how impatient and irrational most posters are behaving. I have never seen so many otherwise sensible people be so ridiculous. The 13th can't get here soon enough.:eek:

lol, I know. No comparison. But Dwayne Jarrett? Hmmmm...

i mean what can you do

he's huge, has good speed, and put up great numbers, albeit in an unreal offense against subpar competition.

i wish i could have been there during his interview with the team.

the only thing that really pissed me off about the past draft is that after brown we really didn't go after any pure athletes.

at that point in a draft like that I think you just take the blackest, meanest, fastest SEC pipe hittin niggas in the draft you can find and worry about teaching them a position later.

every single d lineman the giants draft, for example, looks like something from that mutant league football. as long as they don't have any outstanding warrants, drug problems, or family advice from travis henry, do it.

What the F is wrong with you? Seriously get help prick!!

Martin has made some plays. The people that say otherwise either haven't been paying attention, or they're just so mad that their guy wasn't drafted, that they refuse to see it.

I didn't have a guy at that point in the draft. I'm just saying. Really, you never questioned either of those picks?

As I said, we ALL knew DT was the weakest/thinnest position on the roster. Regardless of what happened to Kemo... What if we would've added another 320+ lbs. guy right next to Kemo and brought in Lewis and whoever in the rotation to help with pass rush.

And from what's been written, Vaughn Martin can rush a passer at 330. So we could've drafted a guy who was good in both areas. Almost no one on this board knew who either of those guys were when we drafted them. So, naturally, you question it to a degree.

I haven't counted either of them out. And I believe Martin has great ability. Generally he's been right there on his guy even if he allowed the catch. I think the switch to safety will help. But, both of those picks could've been used more efficiently...

Archived