• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corvey Irvin and Sherrod Martin Better Prove Their Worth, and Quick...

Proudiddy

Seeing things like that makes me lose faith in the Panthers fan base sometimes. If you genuinely think we are a poor drafting team, then you need your head examined. There is a reason we have very few high priced free agents joining our team, we generally do not need them. Our entire core is built from drafted players from all eareas of the draft. We also managed to get some bargains this last draft.

Smith just simply does not fit what we wanted. He can't tackle. At all. Get over it.

:lol:

Sean Smith was great in coverage, which is what a CB's main job is. cover receivers. He could also tackle. Sherrod Martin couldn't cover a paraplegic.

So my post makes you lose faith in the panthers fanbase? Lulz. Forgive me for expecting the best out of my team and calling them out when they are doing a shitty job at something.

Fox likes versatility.

also, it's not really their fault about what happened with irvin. this wasn't really a draft to find starters, but it was a great draft to find backups you can work with.

just sorta sucks that the panthers biggest need came up in a year with a shallow talent pool.

excellent point and well said.

We drafted Corey because we needed a pass rushing DT. No one thought Kemo was going to get hurt. Pass rush was the weak link.

Yeah but there were guys like Ricky Jean-Francois (who didn't go until VERY late in the draft)... Who IMO, equates to or is better than Corvey Irvin. We'll see what happens, but 99% of this boards reaction to the Irvin pick was "WTF?"

:lol:

Sean Smith was great in coverage, which is what a CB's main job is. cover receivers. He could also tackle. Sherrod Martin couldn't cover a paraplegic.

So my post makes you lose faith in the panthers fanbase? Lulz. Forgive me for expecting the best out of my team and calling them out when they are doing a shitty job at something.

Again I ask how many bad choices has Fox and them made when it comes too Secondary? If they wanted Sherrod their is a reason. Their track record is good when it comes too secondary picks.

Yeah but there were guys like Ricky Jean-Francois (who didn't go until VERY late in the draft)... Who IMO, equates to or is better than Corvey Irvin. We'll see what happens, but 99% of this boards reaction to the Irvin pick was "WTF?"

How do you know this after 3 preseason games?

Where do you scout at or coach at?

BTW, I haven't wrote either of them off. Although I'm close on Irvin. Like I said, our late picks make up for any possible poor picks we may have made... But, from what has been reported and seen in games, Irvin isn't fairing too well right now and Martin is not bad, but not great either. That may change with moving back to safety though.

Archived