• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers rookie camp

Jeremy Igo

*doesn't understand that one burdens people who have to seethe and put up with it and the other doesn't burden anyone except passive-aggressive internet posters who can't pony up 4.95 for extra content

*says "act big" on the internet

If they really "burden" you that much that you have to whine about it on the internet then you probably shouldn't go in the first place. I'm thankful for those people because if it weren't for them then I would either not have access to the "prestige goods" or would have to pay a very large price for the limited supply of said goods (I studied economics and finance which is why your little attempt to throw me off with big words was unsuccessful).

With that being said, I don't even care that Igo charges for his premium content. I'm conservative and a big believer in capitalism, so sure, go right on ahead (although I'm not going to pay for it). However, I was pointing out the irony in him getting upset with others who stand in line at a closed practiced to "convert material goods to prestige goods" and in turn ask for a fair premium that is dictated by the market for these goods.

And heck, I'm burdened by people everyday who are trying to make money. That doesn't mean their business is not legitimate. Even moreso, I'd rather be burdened by people trying to make money than pay for those same people to sit at home and do nothing and collect welfare. But whatever. Maybe Igo will let you off your knees long enough to respond again. I don't care if you do or not because it's clear that what your feelings are and you can't accept anyone pointing out a flaw in Igo's thought process.

If they really "burden" you that much that you have to whine about it on the internet then you probably shouldn't go in the first place. I'm thankful for those people because if it weren't for them then I would either not have access to the "prestige goods" or would have to pay a very large price for the limited supply of said goods (I studied economics and finance which is why your little attempt to throw me off with big words was unsuccessful).

With that being said, I don't even care that Igo charges for his premium content. I'm conservative and a big believer in capitalism, so sure, go right on ahead (although I'm not going to pay for it). However, I was pointing out the irony in him getting upset with others who stand in line at a closed practiced to "convert material goods to prestige goods" and in turn ask for a fair premium that is dictated by the market for these goods.

And heck, I'm burdened by people everyday who are trying to make money. That doesn't mean their business is not legitimate. Even moreso, I'd rather be burdened by people trying to make money than pay for those same people to sit at home and do nothing and collect welfare. But whatever. Maybe Igo will let you off your knees long enough to respond again. I don't care if you do or not because it's clear that what your feelings are and you can't accept anyone pointing out a flaw in Igo's thought process.

lol you care so much

It would actually be pretty sick to go meet Shaq.

I've gone down and gotten autographs a few times after games. On my 16th birthday I was one of two or three to get Steve Smith's auto. As far as Panthers go that's about as good as I've gotten, along with TD, Olsen (at an event), Norman and Big Money.

I've never sold a thing.

Well, my wife has a degree in economics and a hawk's eye on the bugdet, and she would never allow me to pay for insider info on the Huddle or an autographed thingamagiggy. Plus she wonders why people talk so much about the myths and perceptions of people "sitting at home" on welfare when it accounts for a markedly less percentage (many times over) of the national economy than corporate welfare which is the real evil.  So...Ha!

I will most likely stop by to see if I can meet and shake hands with the guys. maybe get a pic. Other than that... the only things I ever got signed were a Football back in 2005 when I first moved to Charlotte, and went to training camp. Got a lot of sigs on the same ball. (Coach Fox was the very first one I ever got) and last Offseason, I happened to have my Luke Pro Bowl jersey on while there... saw him and had him sign it. (haven't worn it since)

We will see I guess. depends on what time it is... any idea?

lol you care so much

Lol

The problem with the eBay autograph seekers is that the players are not in the know. Its a bit disingenuous to them. They can't distinguish between fans and eBay sellers. Do you think the players would sign items for eBay sellers if they identified themselves? Probably not.

I need to go and update my signed gear. I have a mini helmet with Stew and DeAngelo the year they both went for over 1000 yds, and they even put it on the helmet. Have a Beason signed mini helmet, and a twitter won "blended" Cam comic signed by Cam.

I'd love to get some new stuff signed, but it's like everyone is saying. I'm a grown man, and it's a little odd to stand out there for signatures. If it happens by chance like most of mine, then you're good. I just feel if you there waiting at practice, that's a little corny, unless your kid is there, and it's actually for your kid.

I'd never sell anything like that though. I think it's dumb to be completely honest

Archived