• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers rookie camp

Jeremy Igo

Usually a hand full of folks. Mostly autograph hunters. Always wonder if the items go right to eBay.

I go stand out there a few times each year when I get a day off work. I'm sure a few are there with those intentions, but it is usually guys the with a duffel bag full of helmets that do that crap. I personally have a huge panthers collection of cards, photos, etc. Never sold a thing. Not trying to come across as defensive, just letting you know that not all of us are trying to profit off the players. Training camp is just such a madhouse, regular season practices and mini-camps are much easier to get the autographs.

i wonder if David Newton writes something as funny about Shaq or Funchess as he did about KB at rookie minicamp last yr:

("a Thoroughbred in a field full of ponies. The way he effortlessly glides over the middle. The way without leaving the ground he snatches passes out of thin air that other receivers have to put four to six inches between them and the turf to reach. The way his long braids flutter in the wind as he distances himself from defensive backs. ... The way his smile shines even under the brightest sunlight")

I go stand out there a few times each year when I get a day off work. I'm sure a few are there with those intentions, but it is usually guys the with a duffel bag full of helmets that do that crap. I personally have a huge panthers collection of cards, photos, etc. Never sold a thing. Not trying to come across as defensive, just letting you know that not all of us are trying to profit off the players. Training camp is just such a madhouse, regular season practices and mini-camps are much easier to get the autographs.

I know there are legit fans that come out. But like you said, the guys with the duffel bags of Panthers and college items to be signed make me wonder.

Can Shaq be there, U. of Wash is on the quarter system

I remember them saying that he would miss OTAs, but that he would be at the rookie camp. Not trying to find a link, but I recall one of the talk shows in Charlotte saying so on Friday.

*Calls out people who sell autographs of players to make money.

*Charges $5 per month for Huddlers to get "inside info" from closed practices

*makes terrible comparison between coercive acts designed to convert material goods to prestige goods at the expense of annoyed human beings with jobs to do and a businessman charging a fair premium for excess material without coercion and reciprocating with free events and community contributions

*is roundly laughed at

*makes terrible comparison between coercive acts designed to convert material goods to prestige goods at the expense of annoyed human beings with jobs to do and a businessman charging a fair premium for excess material without coercion and reciprocating with free events and community contributions

*is roundly laughed at

*doesn't understand that "convert[ing] material goods to prestige goods" is just as legitimate a business practice as "charging a fair premium for excess material" and that it also creates a supply to meet demand in the market for said "prestige goods"

*tries to act big by using big, business, buzz words but ends up looking stupid

*doesn't understand that "convert[ing] material goods to prestige goods" is just as legitimate a business practice as "charging a fair premium for excess material" and that it also creates a supply to meet demand in the market for said "prestige goods"

*tries to act big by using big, business, buzz words but ends up looking stupid

*doesn't understand that one burdens people who have to seethe and put up with it and the other doesn't burden anyone except passive-aggressive internet posters who can't pony up 4.95 for extra content

*says "act big" on the internet

Archived