• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers rookie camp

Jeremy Igo

Rookie Camp is this Friday and Saturday.

A first look at the rookies, drafted and undrafted, and also the guys invited to try out.

I remember Kelvin's rookie camp vividly, will be interesting to see how Funchess performs in comparison.

We have a few solid weeks of actual Panthers news until the 6 weeks or so of dead air before training camp.

I'm trying to temper my expectations, but in regards to the offense, you cannot deny that Funchess was drafted into a pretty ideal situation all things considered.

He will be working not only with one of the better WR coaches in the NFL in Ricky Proehl, but a savvy veteran in Greg Olsen, and Kelvin Benjamin who at one point was a ROTY candidate last season. Not to mention he will be getting some much needed reps with Cam Newton. Add in the addition of OT Daryl Williams, and there is plenty to smile about moving forward.

Yeah the practices are closed. I'll be there to provide many pics and observations and extended coverage to the all pros.

Guessing they'll still have at least a small crowd gather just to watch them walk to the field.

Usually a hand full of folks. Mostly autograph hunters. Always wonder if the items go right to eBay.

I got Clausen's for my buddy's teenage daughter back in his rookie year.

I've never sold anything like that on eBay.

(heck, I've never sold anything at all on eBay)

Funchess has slightly more speed but much less physicality than Benji and, sadly enough, worse hands.

The Huddle needs to temper their enthusiasm for the dude. You're prob gonna have to give him more time than Kelvin.

That being said, I love the insider updates.

Archived