• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

our captain Greg Olsen went out partying with his buddy Vince Vaughn last night...

and yet so many people on this board would have us undo that integrity with characters like GH and DGB... <_<

How easily you forget the "slob on my knob Greg" of his Miami days. People grow up and mature. Greg Olsen was no choir boy

How easily you forget the "slob on my knob Greg" of his Miami days. People grow up and mature. Greg Olsen was no choir boy

yes and that was back when Richardson seemed to be more lenient with players, back before he got burnt by Hardy.  whatever the past was, it is obvious that Richardson is trying to build a team with integrity now. and thats how it should be.

frankly, i dont think we should waste time waiting for people to grow up. im sure Greg was beginning to show that he was growing up by the time we signed him, just to counter your example. we shouldnt sign players that are obviously continuing their bad behavior, no matter how talented. we shouldnt draft young players that are immature and could tarnish the name of the team. 

winning is great and all, but i frankly dont want my favorite team to become one that tolerates thugs just for the sake of winning. 

yes and that was back when Richardson seemed to be more lenient with players, back before he got burnt by Hardy.  whatever the past was, it is obvious that Richardson is trying to build a team with integrity now. and thats how it should be.

frankly, i dont think we should waste time waiting for people to grow up. im sure Greg was beginning to show that he was growing up by the time we signed him, just to counter your example. we shouldnt sign players that are obviously continuing their bad behavior, no matter how talented. we shouldnt draft young players that are immature and could tarnish the name of the team. 

winning is great and all, but i frankly dont want my favorite team to become one that tolerates thugs just for the sake of winning. 

Rae Carruth happened long before Greg Hardy ever got here, and had a much more profound impact.

But even so, people overdo that whole "choir boy" thing, honestly.  Jerry Richardson has actually said directly that he doesn't feel the need to build "a team of choir boys" (and added that he wasn't one himself).  Nobody in the front office is administering a purity test on prospective players.

There are basically three types of guys they want to avoid:

- guys with histories of violent off-field behavior (especially against women)

- the habitual drug users (those guys are a suspension risk)

- and locker room cancers (because team chemistry matters...a lot)

Gettleman himself stated that if a kid had a record of one or two marijuana tests, they'd talk to him and try to figure out whether that's the exception or the rule.  Hence why they met more than once with Randy Gregory, who it would seem did not answer questions to their satisfaction.

Truthfully, the whole "nobody but choir boys" thing tends to get thrown around without a lot of real knowledge or context behind it.

Heck, the fact that we had Jeremy Shockey on roster just a few years back out to tell you something.

Rae Carruth happened long before Greg Hardy ever got here, and had a much more profound impact.

But even so, people overdo that whole "choir boy" thing, honestly.  Jerry Richardson has actually said directly that he doesn't feel the need to build "a team of choir boys" (and added that he wasn't one himself).  Nobody in the front office is administering a purity test on prospective players.

There are basically three types of guys they want to avoid:

- guys with histories of violent off-field behavior (especially against women)

- the habitual drug users (those guys are a suspension risk)

- and locker room cancers (because team chemistry matters...a lot)

Gettleman himself stated that if a kid had a record of one or two marijuana tests, they'd talk to him and try to figure out whether that's the exception or the rule.  Hence why they met more than once with Randy Gregory, who it would seem did not answer questions to their satisfaction.

Truthfully, the whole "nobody but choir boys" thing tends to get thrown around without a lot of real knowledge or context behind it.

Heck, the fact that we had Jeremy Shockey on roster just a few years back out to tell you something.

this is mainly what i was getting at. thank you for putting it more succinctly Mr. Scot haha

...at The Levine Children’s Hospital Inaugural Gala at Quail Hollow Club

CEFdrZsVEAEuk46.jpg

Gotta say, you are one of the best contributors on this forum. Thank you for all you do, and making this forum so much better. You are appreciated.

Archived