• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cameron Artis-Payne highlights

Jeremy Igo

Is it just me or does this kid run really upright? 

I rewatched the tape with an eye toward that.

From what I saw, it's true once he's past the line of scrimmage or outside the tackle box.

Behind the line of scrimmage though, looked okay, especially as he ran into the trenches..

Shelton weighed 30 lbs more and 3-4 inches taller. We are talking about different center of gravity. He does get knocked off balance by contact but he can get his feet back under him.

He kind of looks like Mike Tolbert on a diet to me.

I was thinking a little less talented, skinny, MJD.

True, but Artis-Payne is also 2 inches shorter and has more weight on him. I'm sure our RB coach will work with him on that though.

his height will help make up for his upright running if tacklers don't wrap up when taking him head on and (maybe) from the side, but his lack of real speed his stiff hips is what's going to get him caught from behind and brought down if he doesn't keep his pads down.

i would like nothing more than to see him excel since the talent drop off after stewart is (in my opinion) significant, but linebackers are going to love hitting him when he gets past the line of scrimmage.

Archived