• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Not Done At Wide Receiver

Jeremy Igo

I hope we can get Hardy. I already felt like we was going to get Funchess now I have no clue who we will draft. I hope we can get Daryl Williams if still available but I just don't know if we can get Hardy and Williams. It's nice to have 2 big WRs but I feel Hardy will be a great WR who can block and has solid hands which are the weaknesses of KB, Funchess and Ginn.

I trust Getty, and I think the depth at WR  could lead to a really good one on day 3, but

we have our top 2 already.  Ginn is our speed guy.  Corey look promising last year for

a UFA,  We'll need Cotch to help all the young guys....and then there is Hill.  

I really think we can fill some holes at other positions in order to help the team

get better.

One thing no one is talking about....our depth at safety is scary bad.

I was pretty upset with the pick initially for that same reason. I did not realize just how injured he really was his last year at UM and during the combine. I wrote him off after that horrible 40 but he looked so much quicker and more agile at his pro day. 70% SPARQ on his updated numbers. He's no TE.

I believe he is noticeably more athletic than Kelvin but not nearly as good on jump balls. I think he might destroy teams from the slot because linebackers are not going to be able to cover him and nickles will be too small.

Your talking yourself into the pick(for me its pickS) skills are much better than mine. Not going to waste time, with loads of crying/bitaching.

I have understood UM QB didn't help, nor did his combine #s. Everyone playing football has injuries, but aware of his toe and others. Still it burns seeing strong there @ 57 and keepin the picks. Ricky and dave are two of most respected football minds on the panthers staff and they wanted him badly. Plus it did prevent falcunts and iants a shot at replacing a tony/graham.

What I'm currently having I HUUUUUUUGGE issue with is this: Rather than "fix" cam, the panthers brass are finding the biggest, longest, tallest, highest vert, catch raidus, etc possible to give cam the best target for his "off target" passes. I even heard cam talking about it was harder to see small WRs too( shortly after smitty left). Correct your eyes and fix throwning mecanhics, rather than ignore it. Don't get this wrong, I do want big long windspan(jesus where's jay bias). I mean if cam starts throwning worm burners, are they going to wavie all the tall WRs and replace them with 5'5 water bugs types? Ugh

On Friday the Panthers traded up and addressed their need for a wide receiver. The selection of Devin Funchess adds another large target to the mix of receivers and helps to put the fans at ease.

However, I don't feel the Panthers are done at receiver yet. I look for them to add a smaller, speedier receiver this weekend.

The Panthers do like ECU receiver Justin Hardy, but they also like Duke receiver Jamison Crowder just as much if not more. Depending on how the cards are played, either of these could be a Panther by the days end. There is a chance Crowder will go undrafted due mainly to his size (5'8), in which case he would come to Carolina as a UDFA.

Bring in Hardy please. I've watched him the past few years and he's the real deal.

I really like Hardy, Greene then Crowder, Diggs, McBride, Bell,

Is no one interested in tyler lockett? If this guys is still on the board he would be a great pick, like a younger more improved ted ginn with better hands.

I wanted him in the 4th but he went to SEA last night.

Rashad Greene please!!!   Would be Huge.  Greene and KB are super close like brothers.

IMO the best route runner in the draft.  Would be like a Young Ricky P in the slot.  And same as Ricky as far as mentor his fellow peers.

What I'm currently having I HUUUUUUUGGE issue with is this: Rather than "fix" cam, the panthers brass are finding the biggest, longest, tallest, highest vert, catch raidus, etc possible to give cam the best target for his "off target" passes. I even heard cam talking about it was harder to see small WRs too( shortly after smitty left). Correct your eyes and fix throwning mecanhics, rather than ignore it. Don't get this wrong, I do want big long windspan(jesus where's jay bias). I mean if cam starts throwning worm burners, are they going to wavie all the tall WRs and replace them with 5'5 water bugs types? Ugh

that's a bit of a reach, of a thought process.

They aren't ignoring anything about Cam.

I prefer to see it as the rather obvious reasoning....

big, tall receiving targets create more match up problems. Even when they seem to be covered, they aren't truly.

I prefer the bigger receivers, they are much more difficult to defend.

Archived