• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Not Done At Wide Receiver

Jeremy Igo

On Friday the Panthers traded up and addressed their need for a wide receiver. The selection of Devin Funchess adds another large target to the mix of receivers and helps to put the fans at ease. 

However, I don't feel the Panthers are done at receiver yet. I look for them to add a smaller, speedier receiver this weekend. 

The Panthers do like ECU receiver Justin Hardy, but they also like Duke receiver Jamison Crowder just as much if not more. Depending on how the cards are played, either of these could be a Panther by the days end. There is a chance Crowder will go undrafted due mainly to his size (5'8), in which case he would come to Carolina as a UDFA. 

View full article

There's a lot I'd be cool with.  Hardy, Greene, Bell, Crowder, Lewis, Diggs, McBride, Lippett...good options there.  Of course with Hardy being the most ideal.  Hope no one takes him before our 4th rounder.

Another WR and RB are in play. And we scouted late round OTs so I could see that happening too.  Za'Darius Smith at DE is still available too.  Haven't been this pumped for Day 3 in years...or maybe ever. 

the team might find receiver BPA at some point but they are not somehow in desperate need of a receiver, now that they have a fresh rookie with a first round grade and five guys with NFL experience they truly like, on a team that's probably going to dress four guys ... and a Pro Bowl TE.   On an offense that doesn't throw the ball a ton.

On Friday the Panthers traded up and addressed their need for a wide receiver. The selection of Devin Funchess adds another large target to the mix of receivers and helps to put the fans at ease.

However, I don't feel the Panthers are done at receiver yet. I look for them to add a smaller, speedier receiver this weekend.

The Panthers do like ECU receiver Justin Hardy, but they also like Duke receiver Jamison Crowder just as much if not more. Depending on how the cards are played, either of these could be a Panther by the days end. There is a chance Crowder will go undrafted due mainly to his size (5'8), in which case he would come to Carolina as a UDFA.

I like Hardy a lot more than Crowder which means he won't be the pick. But Crowder as an UDFA would be awesome.

Have you heard anything connecting McBride to the Panthers? I really like both he and Hardy. I'm very intrigued by the idea of McBride and Kelvin outside with Funchess in the slot and Olsen at TE. So much potential.

Also agree with Panthro - an Oklahoma OT in the fourth would be awesome. Especially if we don't have to trade up. You could then grab that next WR, a DE, and an RB in the fifth.

Archived