• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DGB was never in play for the Panthers

Jeremy Igo

The Carolina Panthers never had DGB as a targeted player on their board. Funchess on the other hand was rated a first rounder and highly coveted. So all of the DGB fans can put your mind at ease, he was never coming to the Panthers to begin with. Also, obviously all of the first round rated players the Panthers had are now off the board. (Preston Smith cam close to being a Panther). Predicting rounds 4-7 are a crap shoot. 

We all love DGB. However he was never in play thanks to Greg Hardy.

If Gman wanted him, he would have traded higher to get him.

Shaq and Funchise had 1st round grades early on. Many had Shaq in the top10. We got two very good players. Fans can quit crying about it.

Thanks to Ray Rice you mean.  After that, even if you're innocent you're guilty in the NFL.  An accusation is enough.  (Not that I necessarily think DGB was innocent, I didn't follow or research his incident enough to have an opinion.)

The Carolina Panthers never had DGB as a targeted player on their board. Funchess on the other hand was rated a first rounder and highly coveted. So all of the DGB fans can put your mind at ease, he was never coming to the Panthers to begin with. Also, obviously all of the first round rated players the Panthers had are now off the board. (Preston Smith cam close to being a Panther). Predicting rounds 4-7 are a crap shoot.

Too bad about Preston Smith - I really liked him. He would have fit us really well. Plus it would have been fun to see everyone melt down if our first two picks were defense.

But I can definitely believe that the Panthers had D. Smith, P. Smith, L. Collins, and Funchess in a class with late round 1 grades.

You've been spot on with the info this draft season. Thanks.

Voth said as much yesterday. I mean, all of the sensible people (i.e., not the people who think we're taking La'El Collins today) knew that he was never really going to have a chance here, nor was Marcus Peters, etc.

I thought people knew this already. . You don't let a top 10 elite pass rusher walk. . Then draft a rookie with the same issues. . It's not a good look in the media and JR loves how the media see him and his team..

Too bad about Preston Smith - I really liked him. He would have fit us really well. Plus it would have been fun to see everyone melt down if our first two picks were defense.

But I can definitely believe that the Panthers had D. Smith, P. Smith, L. Collins, and Funchess in a class with late round 1 grades.

You've been spot on with the info this draft season. Thanks.

Thanks to his inside trading!

Also i have been raving about Preston Smith and Josh Robinson long before anybody did!

Thanks to Ray Rice you mean. After that, even if you're innocent you're guilty in the NFL. An accusation is enough. (Not that I necessarily think DGB was innocent, I didn't follow or research his incident enough to have an opinion.)

And that Hardy was NOT innocent

Archived