• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear Mike Mayock

chknwing

All of the "draft experts" are for entertainment purposes only. The think I respect about Mayock is that he usually doesn't take it personally when he's wildly off on a prospect. He'll own it and acknowledge that there were medical issues, off field issues, or he just plain misread how the NFL would value the kid. On the other hand, that asshat Mel Kiper will get all kinds of hot and bothered and take NFL teams to task for not agreeing with his all knowing analysis. That's what I can't stand about Kiper.

Mike Mayock moved Gregory UP after he failed his drugged test at the combine...while moving Winston down for off-the-field concerns...

The guy is an utter moron...

Oh, and less not forget his Blaine Gabbert and Johnny Manizel nonsense...

sjfwo5pnmvt3gq8ldp02.jpg

As much stock as people put into his mocks. they are just shots in the dark.  The guy had Carolina picking TJ Clemmings in round 1 and he is still available on Day 3.

Mayock thinks as much of Clemings as Getts does of Shaq. Time will tell who's right I suppose.

I like people that can admit they were wrong. Mel kiper can't. Matt miller (yes bleacher report) said luke was going to be a bust. Admitted countless times he was so wrong about him. Mel just thinks Blaine Gabbert is one year away from the super bowl

in all fairness to Clemmings, if he is still there at #25 in the 4th today, i think we should pull the trigger. he has the talent, and his health issues are worth the risk for a 4th rounder.

besides, we have plenty of depth at RT. he could come in and heal up nicely, play a few snaps here and there to get a feel for the game, and we could develop him for 2016. it would free us up to have more competition within our existing roster for the LT spot. 

of course, if Gettleman thinks there is a better talent on the board, or someone with less risk and equal talent, i will trust the pick

How was Mayock supposed to know Clemmings would have a serious medical issue that scared teams off to this extent?

uh because clemmings medical condition was known before mayocks mock the day before the draft.

I've never really agreed much with Mayock when it comes to his opinions regarding teams needs, and thoughts.

I'm always interested in his player evaluations, but no matter his reputation, I always take tv analysts opinions with a grain of salt.

If they were truly any good, they would be working for an NFL franchise.

Archived