• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Realistic Expectations For Devin Funchess This Season

Haha, looking back at the realistic expectations for Benji thread I said "At least two game winning touchdown catches." I don't think he had that, but he certainly exceeded most all of our expectations. 

As far as Funchess, I say 50 catches, 800 yards, 6 TDs. More than his own production though, I think having him opens up the rest of the passing game and gets Cam back to Chud era yardage, ie over 4,000.

He had a game winning touchdown in his first game. 

But he only scored 2 touchdowns in games we won. He did score in the tie with the Bengals and honeslt we should have beaten the Falcons when he bullied that DB in the endzone. Interesting his touchdowns only helped us in 2 wins though.

One thing that has just crossed my mind....

Remember last year when the offensive line was in such bad shape Greg Olsen was helping David Foucalt block? In those times Kelvin was our 1st option and Cotchery/Brown/Bersin was our second... I'd feel much better with Funchess as a 2nd option in those dire circumstances.

650 yards 6 TDs. 

Just realized he had 4 touchdowns his last year at Michigan and 3 of them came week 1 against App State. One touchdown in his last 10 college games. Was the QB situation that terrible? 

Mayock said his QB was terrible and couldn't get him the ball when he was wide open. On the other hand his drop rate is 9% which is scary.

I hope he turns out to be a better pro than college player. Looking at his splits its pretty abysmal. 

• Only two 100 yard games last year
  • Only two games with touchdowns. 3 against App State and 1 against Penn State.
  • He had 4 games under 50 yards. 7 games under 75 yards. 

2013 stats?

• Only two 100 yard games that year.
  • Five games with a TD. Lighting up Penn State in an overtime game.
  • 6 games under 50 yards! 10 games under 75 yards.
  • 2 catches for 21 yards in a bowl game.

Now, does this mean he will be a bad pro? Not at all. But, it has me a bit concerned, especially giving up our third for a game with no major production in college playing against smaller, slower players than he will play against at this level, especially when as a WR he lit up App State for 3 TDs and basically stunk the bed the rest of the year. 

What I am hoping for is that the reason for the piss poor statistics was his QB play at Michigan where Devin Gardner and Shane Morris threw more interceptions than touchdowns. Gardner also averaged less than 7 ypa. Cam will be a much better QB than that.

I am hoping for 5 TDs, about 40 catches, and 650 yards based on our offence, KB being better than last year and Olsen still being a stud.

Just came back from a concert with slayer, godsmack,pretty reckless,testament and with one pick we turn into a dumpster fire.. who is this guy??gee's fire the management.. we still suck where is Cams weapons!!??

fugIN SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR@!@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived