• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Second Round Trade

Jeremy Igo

If I was asked about trading up last night as Gettleman was, I would probably answer the question the same way. If you say yes and don't end up trading up, the fan base loses their minds. Trading up before a round has even started is so hard to predict. Hopefully a couple of the top WRs drop 10 picks into the second and we jump. Need a day 1 difference maker at WR and Smith and Strong fit the bill. 

Go get Devin Smith.

I could see us going OLB/SS in the 1st (Shaq Thompson)

I want Devin Smith in the 2nd! He'd bring that explosiveness to this offense that we're so badly missing!

At some point we need to address the obvious need that is LT but this class seems to be getting weaker and weaker with each passing week

It's happening

We have extra picks. I see us utilizing them to move up at some point.  Getlleman even said in his pre-draft presser that havin 9 picks means going after less UDFAs. And we all know how he loves the UDFA market.  I think we'll see us move up in the 3rd round.

Gettleman also he doesn't want to give up his 2nd and 3rd round picks because they're too valuable...but the 2nd and 3rd round picks don't have to be at 57 or 89 either.

206990_1.jpg

It could also mean he isn't opposed to trading picks from Rounds 4 - 7 to move up. He was saying its important to have a pick in Rounds 1, 2 and 3. He isn't opposed to trading. He's just opposed to using picks from Rounds 2 and 3 as the ammo.

Apparently Gettleman said he won't be trading up in rounds two or three, but that doesn't jive with some things I have heard. 

Also, I drank too much last night. I blame all of you. 

Which players do you think they value enough to move up and get?

Archived