• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those of you disappointed in no first round WR

Jeremy Igo

But again, here we are... With the worst WR corps in the league, and one rookie WR from middle rounds is going to be counted on to save it? We need several additions. The position needs a huge influx of talent, period. Outside of KB (edit:and Ginn, sorry, I think of him as a returner first), there shouldn't be any locks to make this roster. We need multiple options to come in and compete.

Heck no, dude has stone hands.  He did catch well at his pro day.  But thats always been his knock besides his size even going back to STA.  Guy can jump up and make an occasional difficult catch, but seen him hit in full stride laying right in his hands.  And it looked like the football was greased down. Many of times

You may be thinking of a freshman and sophomore Dorsett. The young Dorsett struggled with some drops early in his career but turned it around big time last year. Can't remember where I saw the link or tweet but they went back and watched all his games from this past season and had under 5 drops on catchable balls I believe. 

No, I'm thinking whole career.  Several on here mention how well he did vs FSU's corners.  I may be wrong, but besides the 1 or 2 good looking catches he had.  He had several pretty bad drops.  I remember several people around me in the student section about ready to crucify him at one point when it got close and he made a bad drop.

Kid would be a solid #3 slot guy, but as a #2 in this league.  You would be Highly disappointed.

You may be thinking of a freshman and sophomore Dorsett. The young Dorsett struggled with some drops early in his career but turned it around big time last year. Can't remember where I saw the link or tweet but they went back and watched all his games from this past season and had under 5 drops on catchable balls I believe. 

Really easy to spot those who read one scouting report online and take its word as gold rather than actually watch 6-8 full game cutups of the player to form their own opinion. 

Even easier to spot those message board GM's who think they can evaluate talent, yet could not even get a job sweeping the floors for an NFL franchise

Even easier to spot those message board GM's who think they can evaluate talent, yet could not even get a job sweeping the floors for an NFL franchise

I think he actually does work for an NFL franchise lol.

No, I'm thinking whole career.  Several on here mention how well he did vs FSU's corners.  I may be wrong, but besides the 1 or 2 good looking catches he had.  He had several pretty bad drops.  I remember several people around me in the student section about ready to crucify him at one point when it got close and he made a bad drop.

Kid would be a solid #3 slot guy, but as a #2 in this league.  You would be Highly disappointed.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/phillip-dorsett-vs-fsu-2014/

Watch for yourself. Dorsett had one drop against FSU at the 1:10 mark and it was a very tough play to make despite getting his hands on it. Had to fully extend and contort his body. Heck of an effort. So yeah, that's one drop and I wouldn't really classify it as a "bad drop". He beat Darby a second round CB like a drum. 

With our group of receivers, he is instantly a #2 in this offense. 

I've worked in the player personnel and game operations statistics departments at the NFL league headquarters in New York City. I've also worked for the both the Patriots and San Diego Chargers. 

Good effort though. 

Archived