• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those of you disappointed in no first round WR

Jeremy Igo

There is literally zero difference in WRs that were available at 25 and any number of guys available in rounds two and three.

They all have the same probability of coming into the NFL and making an impact.

Gettleman told us in his presser that this draft class didn't have as many top end guys, but was deeper. Not as many sure things, but more guys that could contribute.

I look for the Panthers to take a WR in two or three, and for that choice to contribute just as much as a late first round WR pick.

I look for the Panthers to take a WR in two or three, and for that choice to contribute just as much as a late first round WR pick.

Given DG is at the helm, I look for nothing and just let it come haha

But yep, totally agree bout the WRs.  Rashad Greene, Devin Smith, etc. plenty and more left (*fingers crossed)

This! people are way to Glued to the 40 times.  Dorsett and Perriman do have good speed but have horrible hands.  Not that Huge of a drop off in Strong, Smith, Greene, and Lockett

There is literally zero difference in WRs that were available at 25 and any number of guys available in rounds two and three.

They all have the same probability of coming into the NFL and making an impact.

Gettleman told us in his presser that this draft class didn't have as many top end guys, but was deeper. Not as many sure things, but more guys that could contribute.

Perriman will be a bust- quote me

runs only verticals, bad hands, and oh yea his mentor: STEVE SMITH- sure smitty is nice now, but I guarantee you come September Perriman is going to be mentally exhausted from Smitty constantly beating him down

He was drafted into the perfect situation. Flacco's deep ball is a thing of beauty and that's where Perriman will make his bread. 

lol because drafting an only vertical WR in round 1 has worked so well in the past

Heck no, dude has stone hands.  He did catch well at his pro day.  But thats always been his knock besides his size even going back to STA (where he played 2nd fiddle to rashad green).  Guy can jump up and make an occasional difficult catch, but seen him hit in full stride laying right in his hands.  And it looked like the football was greased down. Many of times

Dorsett has pretty damn good hands. 

the offense will be addressed quite a bit in the next couple days with very little drop off from what we could have picked up at 25.

i want cam protected and given more weapons, but i'm not going to stress about it. the OL and WR groups are better off now than they were last year and we've got quite a few picks left to help add more to what we have. i don't know if we'll get anything more than depth at OT (but after humphries got picked, we wouldn't have had anything more than depth to choose fro.com anyway). at WR we've got quite a few options who can come in and be that #2 WR for cam and help open up our offense (as much as shula will allow anyway).

Archived