• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 3 Offensive Targets In Round 2

Jeremy Igo

Now that Gettleman has taken his BPA in round one of the NFL Draft, I look for him to address the needs of the offense in round 2. I don't see him choosing a defensive player, although that is possible. 

Should the Panthers go offense, here are the top targets in round two that may be available when the Panthers select. Unfortunately, I don't see Devin Smith dropping to the Panthers or else he would be the top choice. 

Devin Funchess - WR - Michigan 

Roughly the same size as Kelvin Benjamin, Funchess would help create immediate mismatches to opposing defenses. Not many teams are built to play against such size at the receiver position.

Jaelen Strong - WR - Arizona State

Solid number 2 possession receiver in the mold of Mushin Muhammad. Definite round 2 talent who the Panthers has listed as a first rounder at one point in time. Good value in the late second round. 

Jake Fisher - OT - Oregon

Many proclaimed Fisher to be a first round tackle, but that was silly talk. He is, however, a solid second round prospect. He would immediately compete at that left tackle position. Having played in a pro system with a mobile QB puts him on a fast track to getting playing time. 

You were spot on with our 1st round options so I believe you when you say we will go offense in round 2.

The only guy I see being there at 57 from these 3 is Finches. We need weapons but a legit speed threat is what we truly desire.

Tyler Lockett perhaps?

We take any DT, DE or LB in the 2nd and RoaringRiot will have 2 open spots in one of the cabanas.

It was between Perriman and Shaq for me last night, I'm okay with going with Shaq but we need to go offense here. We keep drafting DL and LB's and have one of the better front 7's, yet Wilson continues to beat us when it matters, time to go offense

Trade up for Devin Smith!!!

Archived