• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 3 Offensive Targets In Round 2

Jeremy Igo

Rather not see a DE selected in the 2nd or 3rd... would make it look like Ealy is even more of a wasted pick; give him a year to start and flurish (possibly) before looking to spend another pick at the same point for the same position... help the O, whether on the OL like with Clemmons or Donovan Smith or at WR with Funch, D.Smith or Strong.  At this point, I would think even at BPA, an Offensive player is going to be on top with the depth that is presented.

Give me any one of the players below and I'll be a happy man:

OT Jake Fisher, Oregon

OT T.J. Clemmings, Pitt

OT Donovan Smith, Penn State

WR Jaelen Strong, Arizona State

WR Devin Smith, Ohio State

WR Dorial Green-Beckham, Oklahoma

WR Sammie Coates, Auburn

WR Devin Funchess, Michigan

RB Tevin Coleman, Indiana

RB Jay Ayaji, Boise State

RB Duke Johnson, Miami

DE Preston Smith, Miss State

DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa, UCLA

DT Eddie Goldman, FSU

DT Carl Davis, Iowa

DT Jordan Phillips, Oklahoma

S Landon Collins, Alabama

CB Jalen Collins, LSU

CB Eric Rowe, Utah

OT Jake Fisher, Oregon

OT T.J. Clemmings, Pitt

WR Sammie Coates, Auburn

RB Duke Johnson, Miami

DT Eddie Goldman, FSU

DT Carl Davis, Iowa

CB Jalen Collins, LSU

CB Eric Rowe, Utah

No thank you to any RB in the 2nd

All I got from that is he didn't want to give up anything in Rounds 1-3. He never said he would give up any pics in the other rounds to move up. I see us moving up in the 2nd or 3rd. No way we go into camp with 9 rookies.

With as well as he drafts in the late rounds, why give up those picks?

Funchess is the only guy I see possibly making it to our pick... Coincidentally, he is my least favorite of the guys mentioned lol. I would like some legitimate speed on the outside, but I guess when it comes to WR beggars can't be choosers... So I'll take another giant sloth if that's what I'm given.

I wouldn't mind taking the WR from Georgia or Sammie Coates honestly. If Smith and Strong are gone, those are my next favorite options.

Still some consistency issues with them, but it at least still gives us size and speed to put on the outside that constantly presents a threat.

Rather not see a DE selected in the 2nd or 3rd... would make it look like Ealy is even more of a wasted pick; give him a year to start and flurish (possibly) before looking to spend another pick at the same point for the same position... help the O, whether on the OL like with Clemmons or Donovan Smith or at WR with Funch, D.Smith or Strong. At this point, I would think even at BPA, an Offensive player is going to be on top with the depth that is presented.

CJ's contract though.

All I got from that is he didn't want to give up anything in Rounds 1-3. He never said he would give up any pics in the other rounds to move up. I see us moving up in the 2nd or 3rd. No way we go into camp with 9 rookies.

Okay, go here - http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Gettleman-Rivera-rave-about-Shaq-Thompson/80c68e3e-f066-4959-9495-0f8f70736bf5 - and listen to Gettleman say he's not moving up in the first 3 rounds.

OT Jake Fisher, Oregon

OT T.J. Clemmings, Pitt

WR Sammie Coates, Auburn

RB Duke Johnson, Miami

DT Eddie Goldman, FSU

DT Carl Davis, Iowa

CB Jalen Collins, LSU

CB Eric Rowe, Utah

This is a very good list. I'd drop a few names personally but it shows there are a lot of great options still available.

I agree with these three guys. I really wouldn't be surprised if we would draft a DE such as Preston Smith or owamagbe odighizuwa. I'm starting to believe that Funchess could be a better option than Strong but if we already have KB why would we need Fuchess? Then again imagine us having two big WR and Olsen, with the possibility of Hill as our #3. If not Hill then Brown will be our speed WR.

Archived