• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 3 Offensive Targets In Round 2

Jeremy Igo

Now that Gettleman has taken his BPA in round one of the NFL Draft, I look for him to address the needs of the offense in round 2. I don't see him choosing a defensive player, although that is possible. 

Should the Panthers go offense, here are the top targets in round two that may be available when the Panthers select. Unfortunately, I don't see Devin Smith dropping to the Panthers or else he would be the top choice. 

Devin Funchess - WR - Michigan 

Roughly the same size as Kelvin Benjamin, Funchess would help create immediate mismatches to opposing defenses. Not many teams are built to play against such size at the receiver position.

Jaelen Strong - WR - Arizona State

Solid number 2 possession receiver in the mold of Mushin Muhammad. Definite round 2 talent who the Panthers has listed as a first rounder at one point in time. Good value in the late second round. 

Jake Fisher - OT - Oregon

Many proclaimed Fisher to be a first round tackle, but that was silly talk. He is, however, a solid second round prospect. He would immediately compete at that left tackle position. Having played in a pro system with a mobile QB puts him on a fast track to getting playing time. 

I'm actually all aboard the Funchess train...guy could be as good as a first round WR talent. What a mismatch covering KB and Funchess would be. I went back to see what they said about his slow 40, apparently he had a toe injury which when he healed allowed him to run a 4.48 at his pro day. This could be the guy and I'm excited.

Archived