• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The case for La'el Collins

gettlemanjack

Lol @ people saying "he is worth the risk in round X." no, he isn't. He may be innocent, but with the current state of things, what if he's not? Sure, he'll never see an NFL snap, but you get to be known as the team that wasted a pick on a murderer.

If he is innocent, this absolutely sucks... But I'm skeptical, as I've said elsewhere, how many murders have you all been pulled in for questioning for? Smoke... Fire...

unless more info comes out tying him to the murder, i think someone will draft La'el. The team sitting there at the very last spot in the draft (the "Mr. Irrelevant" spot) will take him rather than let him become an UDFA. Someone else will take him before then, though

Every NFL team has investigators, and they will be working their butts from now until the time La'el eventually gets picked to get some clarity as to exactly what is going on with La'el. If there is indisputable proof that La'el had nothing to do with the murder, whatever team's investigators find that out first have a huge advantage

Also, the Baton Rouge Police are still on the case. Think if in the 3rd R, the Baton Rouge Police solve the murder, and that it has nothing to do with La'el..

I could definitely see a team drafting him in the 7th then telling him to just stay far away until this thing is resolved. If it turns out he's clear then bring him in and sign him. If not you forfeit your rights and act like it never happened. An owner could be sold on that situation. Not Jerry, but one of them.

link? because I'm looking for that. All i can find is that the Police say he's not a suspect. Nobody knows what is going on. It's crazy

the police have no leads on the case, or they do and aren't tipping their hand. they may not officially call him a suspect right now, but his lawyer is smart enough to recognize the obvious...

...an nfl bound player's ex girlfriend who may or may not be pregnant for him has been shot to death for basically answering the door.

the storyline sounds familiar.

from collins's lawyer...

"We took the investigation seriously," Boren said from his offices Tuesday. "We've tried to rule him out as a suspect. We're going to provide that information to the police, and ultimately [Collins] will sit down and talk to them. But the timing is poor."

"We have identified where La'el was the day the lady was murdered to establish he was nowhere around," Boren told ESPN. "We have offered to give names, witnesses who can vouch for his whereabouts that day until after the woman's body was discovered. We believe that when [police] have verified that information, that they will rule him out as a suspect in the homicide, just as I believe he should be."

the police say all they want is his help in solving the case, but the reality is they are fishing. his attorney knows this and is putting in a lot of time and energy to clear his name.

If the kid has nothing to do with this he stands to lose millions...

Then again, if the kid has nothing to do with this I cannot believe he wasn't down in Louisiana pounding on the cops door to clear his name before the draft. I've heard he did make a call or even travel down to talk to the cops, but they basically said, "Don't call us,. we'll call you."

I would not have settled. I would have been there with press in tow demanding to be interviewed.If he has nothing to hide and wasn't involved, then what's the harm?

If the kid has nothing to do with this he stands to lose millions...

Then again, if the kid has nothing to do with this I cannot believe he wasn't down in Louisiana pounding on the cops door to clear his name before the draft. I've heard he did make a call or even travel down to talk to the cops, but they basically said, "Don't call us,. we'll call you."

I would not have settled. I would have been there with press in tow demanding to be interviewed.If he has nothing to hide and wasn't involved, then what's the harm?

That's what I keep pointing to...  It would be understandable, even for innocent people, to not want to talk police without having an attorney...  You should never talk to police without one.  Innocent or guilty.

This dude already has an attorney and yet, can't find a way to go down there and answer some questions that should easily clear his name?

To me, his actions, his attorney's actions, and the wording of everything coming from the police and the attorney signal to me that perhaps the attorney knows more than he's letting on and they are biding time.  The attorney could've been a lot more convincing by ruling out any and all connection with the murder...  Instead, all he did was rule out Collins being there in person.  Just seems like both sides are beating around the bush because each side may know something the other doesn't?

Archived