• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The case for La'el Collins

gettlemanjack

I think he is worth a risk in the 7th to have the rights to him. No one believes he is involved & if we take him rd 7 and his name is cleared we got s top 15 value pick in the 7th rd

Best case scenario for us:

he goes un drafted and was so enamored with the Panthers during his visit, that he chooses to sign with us once he's cleared.

I think what I said would be better so we have guaranteed rights to him

Honestly, his best case scenario might be to get drafted in the 7th round, be cleared, then refuse to sign and re-enter the draft next year where he would be a decently high pick. It would take a year longer to get to his 2nd contract but he would probably maximize his earnings that way. I don't think you can re-enter the draft if you don't get drafted.

Honestly, his best case scenario might be to get drafted in the 7th round, be cleared, then refuse to sign and re-enter the draft next year where he would be a decently high pick. It would take a year longer to get to his 2nd contract but he would probably maximize his earnings that way. I don't think you can re-enter the draft if you don't get drafted.

Being even remotely connected (even if it's simply just knowing the victim and being questioned about it) and then refusing to sign with the team that drafted you, then being out of football for a whole year might not be a catastrophe he could easily recover from.

He might just have to work his ass off, become a pro-bowler on a shitty contract, then get paid big time four years from now.

A pregnant woman just lost her life. That's wayyyy more important than what La'el, the NFL, and the Panther fans are going thru.

Just because he might not have pulled the trigger doesn't mean he didn't arrange the killing like Rae Carruth did.

#getyourprioritiesstraight

Finally. Some sanity.

People. There is a dead women who just lost her life. She has family, friends, and other loved ones.

There is a baby that is without a mother and will never know his/her mother.

Let's get our priorities in order. Football is important. It is not more important than life itself.

think about this:

if La'el is the murderer, he could be looking at the death penalty in Louisiana for shooting and killing a pregnant woman. Last thing he cares about right now is the draft or his future salary

if La'el isn't the murderer, then the actual murderer is even extra fugged: not only did he shoot and kill a pregnant woman, but also messed with a 3rd innocent person's life (La'el), who just happens to be a big-time football player in Louisiana

Finally. Some sanity.

People. There is a dead women who just lost her life. She has family, friends, and other loved ones.

There is a baby that is without a mother and will never know his/her mother.

Let's get our priorities in order. Football is important. It is not more important than life itself.

get a grip, man. I said a prayer for the pregnant woman and her child, and i forget to pray much, but there is not much more we can do or talk about with that (unless you want to send money to her child and family). As for La'el, there is tons to talk about. It's not like talking about La'el is disrespecting the pregnant woman or her child. Again, get a grip

Lol @ people saying "he is worth the risk in round X." no, he isn't. He may be innocent, but with the current state of things, what if he's not? Sure, he'll never see an NFL snap, but you get to be known as the team that wasted a pick on a murderer.

If he is innocent, this absolutely sucks... But I'm skeptical, as I've said elsewhere, how many murders have you all been pulled in for questioning for? Smoke... Fire...

Archived