• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The case for La'el Collins

gettlemanjack

someone needs to get on the phone with the Baton Rouge Police Dept and see what is going on. Nobody knows yet (which is crazy)

Has the BRPD ruled La'el out as a suspect and just need him for information to figure out which of the 2-3 people they haven't ruled out as suspects is the murderer? Or is La'el a suspect too? Again: Nobody knows yet (which is crazy)

If the former, we need to take La'el at #25 if he is there. If the latter, then not sure which round to gamble on him in (what do you guys think?)

I was neutral on La'el in the beginning, and then I really started liking him more and more the more and more I studied him, and then it got to a point where no mock had a chance of La'el falling to us, so I quiting thinking about him

Gruden just named him as one of his three favorite OL in the draft (along with Scherff and the very raw and unpolished Flowers)

Former NFL DE Stephen White loved La'el in his review of him:

"Guys his size with his athleticism and ability to mirror pass rushers off the edge simply do not grow on trees. That's why I would expect Collins to come off the board in the top half of the first round."

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/3/3/8112689/lael-collins-nfl-draft-status-scouting-report

And check out what consensus Top 5 pick Dante Fowler had to say about La'el:

NFL.com: Dante Fowler: 'I got my butt whooped' by La'el Collins

"My sophomore year, we went to Baton Rouge and played against LSU, and I'm not going to lie, I got my butt whooped," Fowler told mmqb.si.com. "That was one of my worst games just because of how I got tossed around. So I spent the whole last summer getting ready for La'el, I ain't going to lie to you. I knew I was going to run into some pretty decent tackles, but the main motivation was from him getting after me my sophomore year."

"I had it marked on my calendar the day after my sophomore game. That whole week leading up to the game, it felt like it was a year. Saturday finally came, and I was a captain, and he was a captain, too. It felt like we were about to do a boxing match," Fowler said. "The whole coin toss, when the referees were talking, I was staring him down and he was staring me down. So I already knew what I was getting myself into, and he knew what he was getting himself into. We went at it that game; we went at it like some bulls. I had some wins, and I had some losses."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000483355/article/dante-fowler-i-got-my-butt-whooped-by-lael-collins

Jay Glazer @ JayGlazer

5h

La'el Collins ... teams have no idea what to do with him ... teams don't know what to do only bc they don't have all the info they are looking for. Unknown is a bad thing these days

Jay Glazer @ JayGlazer

12m

Scoopage: Agent for LSU's La'el Collins trying to pull him from this draft allowing him time to clear his name then enter Supplemental Draft ... Most are asking for a full police report clearing him before they are willing to draft him. Collins is slated to meet w police ... NFL's call if Collins can get pulled from this draft

You can't touch Collins, especially if you are the Panthers. The guy could very well have nothing to do with this and is merely in an unfortunate set of circumstances from the standpoint of it being his former GF and the timing of the NFL draft. Having said that, what if it is the worst case scenario and the guy had something to do with it? Given the Aaron Hernandez event and this teams past with Rae Carruth you can't even think about it. No one knows anything and that's the problem.

I thought he was ruled not a suspect? Someone will draft him anyways, so i don't get why he wants out.

I don't know how $$$ goes in supplemental, but I assume if there are a ton of teams taking him off their board or not thinking of drafting him until late, he would probably rather go in the supplemental at a 3rd rounder salary then to be a late round pick or an UDFA.

Archived