• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Humphries / Fisher Double Dip

Jeremy Igo

Before anybody goes crazy thinking this is an actual possibility, I'm pretty sure the double dip thing is not a draft strategy Gettleman actually imposes. It just so happened that the two best players on our board for our first two picks happened to be defensive tackles. It doesn't happen very often at all so I wouldn't be worried about it too much.

i'm sure quite a few on here would consider it boring, and yes, it's not as exciting as getting some big playmaker. the monumental upside is that a stout OL makes everyone better on the offense. it makes cam better. it makes the WRs better. it makes the run game better.

the path we are taking this year with the OL we should have done two years ago, tbh. we should have been able to see the writing on the wall with gross and bell (that gross would retire soon and bell just sucked).

building the OL should have been priority #1 when we selected our franchise QB and we failed for years to do that.

picking up martin and oher where huge steps in that direction. i know the opinion of both those guys may not be all that favorable, but they are much better than the poo we started with last year. remmers came along just fine, but oher and martin give us experience and, more importantly, solid options.

if we were to pick up one or two OTs early, knowing that it was gettleman making the call, i think we will see the OL becoming what it should have been and what we need to take things to the next level.

i want playmakers. i esp. want another dynamic WR. but i want the trenches to be solidified and the be the proper foundation for the rest of the way gettleman and co. build this team. a stud WR helps, but a stud OL will help more.

Fisher isn't going to be in the board, it's starting to sound like he'll b a 1st rounder. I'd say TJ Clemmings may just be there around that pick though if he tickles your fancy. Frankly I'm not so high on him but I've only seen a couple games of him.

If you want to take care of the OL and be done with it, then trade down out of the 1st round. Take Jake Fisher, Cameron Erving, and Cedric Ogbuehi all in the 2nd round. Using both second round picks you have. Trade the 3rd round pick and the pick gained from trading down to move up into the 2nd round for the third 2nd round pick.

OL is set for the next 10 years. Have a nice day. This assumes they all fall into the 2nd round, which is possible.

Archived