• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Day Rules

Jeremy Igo

My first draft as a mod!

I imagine this is what it feels like when you first become a cop and they send you to catch people speeding on a stretch of highway that people just can't help speeding on.

License and registration meow.

we should take a shot at the draft party for every ban you make

2bb4b0a3a5c5286af881efed5100b77413bbf146

My first draft as a mod!

I imagine this is what it feels like when you first become a cop and they send you to catch people speeding on a stretch of highway that people just can't help speeding on.

License and registration meow.

If you want to write an actual speeding ticket why don't you go track down that ball Trout hit out of the landfill yesterday and write that one up!

hypothetical trade scenario I just thought of:

we trade down from 25 to early in the second and get a 4th with it

draft Shaq

keep our 2nd rounder

package 3rd and our 5th rounder to move back up into tail end of second/very early third

leaves us with:

early second rounder

our second rounder

late second/very early third

fourth from trade 1

our fourth

two fifth comps

sixth 

seventh 

thinking behind this is we get three prospects in the second round, where the talent drop-off is not that great from what we could get a 25

Players we could get with those three second round picks: Shaq, Jake Fischer, Ogublewmykneeout, Preston Smith, etc. 

hypothetical trade scenario I just thought of:

we trade down from 25 to early in the second and get a 4th with it

draft Shaq

keep our 2nd rounder

package 3rd and our 5th rounder to move back up into tail end of second/very early third

leaves us with:

early second rounder

our second rounder

late second/very early third

fourth from trade 1

our fourth

two fifth comps

sixth 

seventh 

thinking behind this is we get three prospects in the second round, where the talent drop-off is not that great from what we could get a 25

Players we could get with those three second round picks: Shaq, Jake Fischer, Ogublewmykneeout, Preston Smith, etc. 

that's not a bad idea, especially if Gettleman see's a bunch of guys with the same value sitting there at 25

Gotta be honest here, I'm not a huge fan of this entire draft.  There are some pretty good WR's but hardly any great OT's, CB's, S's, or DE's.

I won't be upset if we don't pick tonight and move back and pick up an extra 2nd or two.

I have a huge question.. I work tonight from 7 pm ET - 11 pm ET and I'm unsure if I am going to miss watching our pick.. what time do you think the panthers should be making their pick?

I read somewhere the draft takes 4 hours on average, so you'll probably be cutting it close. I guess our pick will be as early as 10:45 but could be as late as 11:30.

Archived