• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Gruden lists the 15 of the Top 62 prospects that he is most concerned about:

gettlemanjack

That was some of the best TV That ESPN has done in awhile. Gruden was schooling Kiper.

Yes it was. I remember Gruden saying something like "I won that one", but I was thinking to myself that he won all of them. LOL

Gruden was thinking more like a GM. Admittedly, Kiper knew his role. He said something to the effect that as a media guy, he could take chances that GMs couldn't. The two had good chemistry. It was a riot.

Gruden:

“I don’t understand why [Mariota] isn’t the No. 1 player in this draft on Mel Kiper’s Big Board,” Gruden said

Gruden disagrees with those who think Mariota is an product of Oregon’s offense and not a fit for the NFL.

“I don’t know anybody in this draft that can do for a football team what Mariota can do,” Gruden said. “He can read the field. That whole thing about Oregon being a no-huddle, dive-option team, that is just a narrative resulting from a lack of information. The Ducks run a lot of pro-style concepts. Mariota does a lot with the protections. I’ve seen him throw the ball with touch and timing in tight windows.”

"He is incredibly elusive, and man, is he a playmaker and a great competitor. I see him functioning in the pocket, out of the pocket, and if you want to run a zone-read, he’ll rip the defense apart. He is like Russell Wilson , only he is 6-4.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/29/jon-gruden-i-dont-get-why-marcus-mariota-isnt-no-1/

Yes it was. I remember Gruden saying something like "I won that one", but I was thinking to myself that he won all of them. LOL

Gruden was thinking more like a GM. Admittedly, Kiper knew his role. He said something to the effect that as a media guy, he could take chances that GMs couldn't. The two had good chemistry. It was a riot.

I actually thought it was more of the coach vs scout thing you hear about all the time. Scouts love potential and coaches want to see production.

I think this draft could have a ton of busts--there are so many rather substantial question marks surrounding every player, with a few exceptions.

That is why I am glad we have Gettlemen and Gregory.  They seem to know what this team needs.

I think this draft could have a ton of busts--there are so many rather substantial question marks surrounding every player, with a few exceptions.

That is why I am glad we have Gettlemen and Gregory. They seem to know what this team needs.

The vast majority of the players available to us at #25 will have question marks and solid bust potential, some way more than others. It will be interesting to see if we pick one of those guys (by making an educated/calculated risk and following our gut/instincts like we did with Kelvin Benjamin) or if we select one of those tiny few players that will be available to us at #25 with low bust-potential and not many question marks (which goes with Gettlemen's conservative/safe/prudent manner). Either way it should be pretty fun.

Archived