• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayock's Position Rankings 5.0 released today:

gettlemanjack

QB - Mariota over Winston (#5/#6 on his Big Board below)

RB - Gordon over Gurley

OT - Humphries over Peat

Edge rusher - Ray and Gregory still Top 5 (#17/#18 on his Big Board)*

LB - Dawson over Kendricks

S - Damarious Randall over both Shaq Thompson and Landon Collins

etc

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488475/article/mike-mayocks-2015-nfl-draft-position-rankings-50

*SiriusXM NFL Radio @ SiriusXMNFL

7h

Mike Mayock on Ray/Gregory: I think we have a good chance to

see the both of them fall out of the 1st round. Just a dumb

decision by Shane.

yesterday, Mayock released his Top 100 Big Board:

22. Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest

23. Nelson Agholor, WR, USC

25. D.J. Humphries, OT, Florida

28. Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford

29. Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State

30. Damarious Randall, S, Arizona State

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488358/article/2015-nfl-draft-mike-mayocks-top-100-prospects

Les Bowen @ LesBowen

Apr 23

Damarious Randall from Arizona State is "by far the best cover safety" in the draft, Mike Mayock says, and will be the first safety drafted.

This year might be the most I've ever disagreed with Mayock.  I'm usually probably around 66% in agreement with him.  But this year, Mariota over Winston is pure crazy talk, Gordan over Gurley is insane, Ray and Gregory as top 20 prospects is ludicrous, and I think Kevin Johnson and Agholor are rated about 20 spots too high.  I DO agree wholeheartedly with Humphries over Peat and Dawson over Kendricks.  That's just based on the info mentioned above.

Mayock has lost respect in my mind.  No way Gurley is below Gordon.  No way Winston (hate him) is lesser than Mariota.  He knows DBs, so I trust that.

In fairness, I do not know how he rates this OT group.  They are so different. 

he probably has Gordon ahead of Gueley because Gurley has had big problems staying healthy. He rates both as Top 20 prospects and said the other day that:

"(Gordon and Gurley) are game changers. ... I love those two tailbacks. ... To be honest with you, they're difference makers. One of those guys would be really hard for me to pass up."

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider/article-1/QA-with-NFL-Network-analyst-Mike-Mayock/7f66cad6-fe1e-4636-bd32-4ff442152890

as for Mariota over Winston, Mayock said today:

SiriusXM NFL Radio @ SiriusXMNFL

6h

Mike Mayock : I would say Jameis Winston has a higher ceiling

over Mariota but I would personally take Marcus as the #1 QB

and the other day he said:

"I've got (Marcus) Mariota one, because I believe in Mariota, but the other piece of that is, with Jameis Winston I've got trust issues both on and off the field. Do I trust him with the football on the field, given the way he turned the ball over, especially this year with 18 interceptions? It could have been 40 very easily," Mayock said. "Can I trust him with the ball, which is the most important thing during an NFL game. And two, can I trust him off the field? To me, those red flags are significant enough that my answer is, I would go the other way with Mariota."

"When kids have significant red flags, how often do they change? My perception and my experience is, plus or minus, 90 percent of the time, a kid ultimately turns into who he's always been," Mayock added. "When you get a repeated pattern of bad decisions, you might be on your best behavior leading up to the draft, you've got all kinds of people around you telling you what to say and how to act. But once you get comfortable, whether it's one year in, two years in, three years in, once you get comfortable again in the NFL and you get paid, typically that kid goes back to being who he always was."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000487729/article/mayock-no-overlooking-jameis-winston-character-concerns

Wouldn't be upset if Mayock's top 100 lined up with our picks.

25. D.J. Humphries

57. Devin Smith

89. Trey Flowers

Amen brother.  Not completely sold that Devin will make a successful transition to the NFL but I'd be very happy with this.  Trey in the 3rd would be great.

This year might be the most I've ever disagreed with Mayock.  I'm usually probably around 66% in agreement with him.  But this year, Mariota over Winston is pure crazy talk, Gordan over Gurley is insane, Ray and Gregory as top 20 prospects is ludicrous, and I think Kevin Johnson and Agholor are rated about 20 spots too high.  I DO agree wholeheartedly with Humphries over Peat and Dawson over Kendricks.  That's just based on the info mentioned above.

Looks like he is trying to create click-bait articles, right before the draft, rather than actually having a sound argument for switching those players.

Looks like he is trying to create click-bait articles, right before the draft, rather than actually having a sound argument for switching those players.

He's been doing this the entire offseason.  More so than in previous years which has really put me off giving him any merit anymore. 

Archived