• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corey Brown and Andrew Norwell

Jeremy Igo

Considering the circumstances, not really.

Hard to believe that Brandon LaFell was a damn-near 1000 yard receiver and presently a champion, isn't it?

What circumstances?

Lol...you seem to have me mistaken for someone else or do you just lump everyone into certain argument camps? What is my opinion of Lafell supposed to be? What angle are you anticipating me to have here And what does Lafell have to do with anything?

https://youtu.be/7KidCI86FkY

He body catches a lot, not saying every time. But if you think he has aggressive hands and attacks the ball you are blind. Hopefully he will improve.

I've gone back and watched every single one of his offensive snaps. He body catches but never "unnecessarily." The balls were thrown in his stomach. Not saying he attacks the ball as aggressively as elite WRs do, but he never "unnecessarily" body caught the ball.

I've gone back and watched every single one of his offensive snaps. He body catches but never "unnecessarily." The balls were thrown in his stomach. Not saying he attacks the ball as aggressively as elite WRs do, but he never "unnecessarily" body caught the ball.

Well you are entitled to your opinion. I think some of those were unnecessary. I'm rooting for him and was impressed with his rookie campaign but I'm not sold he can be in our wr corps for years to come just yet.

Get'em dawg!!

I'll just restate what I posted in past, brown is a 3/4 WR. He beat lots of odds making the team and sticking the whole year. Top dawg is correct about the comp surrounding brown, he gave the panthers reasons to wavie avant. Bersain made the team too....... not world-beaters by any means.

Browns spot is NOT 100% safe, imo. Right now he's the #4 guy. After daves adds few more via draft, trade, wavier claims, UDFAs, etc. It will be dawg fight for WR spots 4-6.

Bucket catching his two TD's on deep balls was definitely unnecessary. In the situation he was in it obviously didn't matter but that is a horrible habit to have. He should have slowed up and caught them above his head even without a defender there. That's how you get undercut for an INT.

What circumstances?

Lol...you seem to have me mistaken for someone else or do you just lump everyone into certain argument camps? What is my opinion of Lafell supposed to be? What angle are you anticipating me to have here And what does Lafell have to do with anything?

You missed the point.

My point is (like I alluded to earlier) is just because a person appears to "suck" in one system doesn't mean that they won't thrive in another.  Many guys have traits that will translate to most teams that actually know what the hell they are doing.  In my opinion, what I am telling you is that Moore has traits that will translate to many teams. Obviously, Bill Polian thinks the same thing, and that's why he graded Moore as a B+ FA WR this year, right along with the likes of Torrey Smith, and right below the top talent FAs.  Now I mention him, but there were others who were surprised by Moore's lack of interest. This should tell you that my thoughts about Moore are not outlandish, but you can believe what you want. Moore has had a  JAG-like short career that has been apparently capsized partly by him, and partly by a coach and organization that has been disjointed (to put it politely) during his tenure as a Raider. If you look at what Moore brought to the table during his rookie year---and even his second year---versus what he did last year, something doesn't equal up.  So, yes, Moore showed that he has or had "it" his rookie year.  Perhaps a change of scenery and better coaching will help him right the ship back to respectability, or at least "excitability". 

Lastly, I don't see why you guys keep bringing up Moore anyway. He is not a Panther.  That ship has sailed.  It's all about the draft, and that's where we are going to upgrade our receiving corps.

I don't have emotional investment in this. Purely on the field observations. IF we somehow find 5 WRs that are better than him I'll be ecstatic because we'd have the deepest WR group in the league. Right now he's the 2nd best wideout on the team (with a large amount of room to continue development) making nearly nothing. He will see significant playing time next season.

If he's our #2 WR we are in trouble

Archived