• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corey Brown and Andrew Norwell

Jeremy Igo

I think the Brown hate is also stemmed from the fact half the people on here overrate the fug out of him.

And there lies the stupidity. Letting one persons like make another person hate. See how dumb that sounds?

It was just a passing thought by Gettleman. No need to make it more than it was. It certainly doesn't deserve a thread. If someone thinks that Brown is a lock to make the team, then buy some Kleenex as insurance during the final cuts. :)

I wouldn't say he's a "lock" to make the team. Sure he could be cut, but I think he would have to have a really poor showing throughout training camp and preseason for that to happen. Could it happen? Sure. Another factor is whether or not we draft another WR. But I think if that happens, older guys like Cotchery might likely become more expendable before guys on rookie deals and undrafted FA's on very reasonable contracts like Brown.

And there lies the stupidity. Letting one persons like make another person hate. See how dumb that sounds?

First of all, nobody really hates Brown. Secondly, some of us just feel the need to set the record straight in the face of irrational fan favoritism based on nothing but pure mediocrity.

Two names Gettleman alluded to in the press conference as guys they were surprised they were able to get after the draft but could not be happier about.

Sorry, Brown haters. :(

I'll be posting my Philly breakdown in the next few days. Maybe then people will understand why the coaching staff and DG are so high on him. Brief comparison I may get flack for.... Poor man's Victor Cruz.

First of all, nobody really hates Brown. Secondly, some of us just feel the need to set the record straight in the face of irrational fan favoritism based on nothing but pure mediocrity.

Yup gotta love the silly little kids tossing the "hate" word around cuz it's the new kewl word on the street.

Both are great contributors for where they were at coming out of college.  Not every WR comes into the league and has 1,500 yards and 10 TDs, like some of us assume they should.  Sure, Philly failed at PR, but he provided great speed for us all year at WR, and even outperformed our entire WR corps in some gams, bailing Cam out of a collapsing pocket by finding small holes where Cam could deliver the ball.

Norwell, man, that kid is just a beast.  Not a lot more to say about him that hasn't already been said.

some of us just feel the need to set the record straight in the face of irrational fan favoritism based on nothing but pure mediocrity.

You mean irrational fan favoritism like someone constantly building up a WR who doesn't even play for their favorite team and not even the Raiders wanted to keep around?

It was just a passing thought by Gettleman. No need to make it more than it was. It certainly doesn't deserve a thread. If someone thinks that Brown is a lock to make the team, then buy some Kleenex as insurance during the final cuts. :)

He is a 150% lock to make the team and I will stand by that completely.

You mean irrational fan favoritism like someone constantly building up a WR who doesn't even play for their favorite team and not even the Raiders wanted to keep around?

Yeah, the one who has more upside than any wide receiver here not named Benjamin. Polian graded him as a B+ free agent WR. Take that as irrational! Not!

Yeah, the one who has more upside than any wide receiver here not named Benjamin. Polian graded him as a B+ free agent WR. Take that as irrational! Not!

More upside than any WR here not named Benjamin you say?

Remind me, who exactly do the Raiders have at WR again? The same Raiders who are known to throw bags of money at mediocre players?

Yet they didn't bother giving Moore a contract. Hmm, odd. It couldn't be that maybe they know something we don't.

Archived