• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman: 4-5 Left Tackles in draft, good chance we get one, WR class has more depth in later rounds

gettlemanjack

Joe Person @ josephperson

47m

Gettleman says there is a player who could be long-term solution at left tackle at 25.

I have a feeling he was referring to Ogbuehi here. We all know he will be there at 25 and it has been voiced that the Panthers were high on him.

more on what Tony Pauline wrote:

"League insiders tell me right now it looks as though the first round selection for the New York Giants will be Andrus Peat of Stanford. The game plan would be to line up Peat at right tackle then push 2013 first round pick Justin Pugh into guard."

The Giants LT is Will Beatty (#60 overall pick, 2009), who just turned 30. He has been the Giants starting LT for the last 4 seasons. He was PFF's No. 14 overall tackle last year, Top 12 among LTs

Whatever Gettleman said, I think he already knows who he wants and has his board lined up perfectly and he's not going to waste time tomorrow. Now whether his guy is Peat, or Landon Collins, or Perriman remains to be seen. Tomorrow's pick is probably not going to be a consensus huddle favorite.

I have a feeling he was referring to Ogbuehi here. We all know he will be there at 25 and it has been voiced that the Panthers were high on him.

My guess was Peat since he didn't sound too confident that the guy they had targeted would be there at 25 and Ogbuehi has a much better chance of being there than Peat.

today, Sports Illustrated put Flowers on their Top 10 Most overrated prospects in 2015 NFL draft

"Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami (Fla.)

SI's Doug Farrar mentioned multiple times on our 2015 Audibles mock draft podcast that he does not believe Flowers deserves Round 1 consideration. And it's true that, even up through positional drills at the combine, the Miami product has endured some truly ugly moments as a blocker.

Odds are, he's going to land in Round 1 anyway. Flowers stands 6'6" and 329 pounds, with the strength to punish defenders in the run game. Does that make him a better prospect than T.J. Clemmings or Cedric Ogbuehi or Jake Fisher? Probably not, but he's on track to be drafted ahead of all of them."

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/04/29/2015-nfl-draft-overrated-prospects-breshad-perriman-arik-armstead

Tony Pauline:

"As of now there’s a very good chance the Cincinnati Bengals take an offensive tackle in round one (they pick at #21). Word is the tackles they are debating for that pick include Jake Fisher and Cedric Ogbuehi."

OL is one of the Bengals' biggest needs. Per Rotoword: "LT Andrew Whitworth is going on age 34. RT Andre Smith played poorly before tearing his triceps last November, and his contract expires after 2015. As OC Hue Jackson likes to run the ball with power, the Bengals will seek offensive linemen who can generate movement in the trenches."

^ Mayock's Final Mock today had 8 OL going in the 1st R:

OL

#9 The Scherff

#10 Ereck Flowers (Rams need RG and RT)

#18 Cameron Erving

#23 Andrus Peat

#24 DJ Humphries

(#25 TJ Clemmings)

(#28 Jake Fisher)

(#29 Cedric Ogbuehi)

draftTV.com Shane P. Hallam @ ShanePHallam

Apr 22

OT going to be an interesting #NFLDraft position. Plenty of

fringe 1st rounders like TJ Clemmings, DJ Humphires, Cedric

Ogbuehi, J. Fisher.

Peter King, MMQB:

Ereck Flowers alert: There’s a love-fest out there with Flowers, the Miami left tackle. “He will not fail,” said one club official of a team in pursuit of the feisty Flowers. “He is all ball. Don’t know if he’ll make many Pro Bowls, but he will play at a good level for years. To me, he’s a sure thing.”

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/30/marcus-mariota-trade-eagles-titans-browns-nfl-draft-rumors/

Archived