• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now open for discussion -> The Gettleman Presser Thread

Jeremy Igo

The only guys from the top 5's around the league as far as OT's that can play on the left side are Humphries and Clemmings.

Neither is ready to start there but have the physical tools to be in there in a year or so and stay for the next 10.

The rest of them are RT's or G's in my opinion.

and he did not say there were 4-5 LT's in the first round or two, he said the draft.  Heck, he might like a guy that everyone has in the 5th round and move up to take him in the 4th or something.

My bets right now would be

Humphries, if we think he can keep the weight on

Gurley  Game breaking ability for future since he would play sparingly in the first half of the season.

Speed WR  This is Dorsett or D Smith

Outside chance at CB with the kid out of Wake Forest

Landon Collins will not be a great safety in our pass happy division.  Unless they want to make him the next TD and I don't see Dman as that type of experimental GM, not in the first anyway.

No DE's look good for us, nor DT's at 25

so, there's my 4 possibilities barring a trade

and he did not say there were 4-5 LT's in the first round or two, he said the draft.  Heck, he might like a guy that everyone has in the 5th round and move up to take him in the 4th or something.

This.  He could be talking about a guy like Chaz Green or Laurence Gibson.

Dave talked a decent amount in that presser about the need to project guys to the NFL and how the college game and NFL game are very different.  Raw prospects don't seem to scare Gettleman.  It's all about how he evaluates that player's talent level and how coachable he thinks the player is.  Dave seems to be of the opinion that virtually all college players are raw in NFL terms by nature.

Well I'm not trying to be snarky. "Minds changed" is hardly "info" as I'm obviously inquiring about why they changed their minds.

whose mind, Panthers FO, or Jeremys?  Panthers watch game film, combine, conduct interviews, bring in for personal workouts.  If you mean Jeremy, well hes MFCEO.  He doesn't need a reason to change his mind.

whose mind, Panthers FO, or Jeremys? Panthers watch game film, combine, conduct interviews, bring in for personal workouts. If you mean Jeremy, well hes MFCEO. He doesn't need a reason to change his mind.

The Panthers certainly didn't decide who to pick and let it slip to an inner circle of locals and then change their mind and let it out again.

The won't decide until the draft unfolds.

Archived