• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now open for discussion -> The Gettleman Presser Thread

Jeremy Igo

did linebacker?  I agree it isn't what he said it is what he didnt say that matters.

Dont think he is even thinking WR in the first round.  With the depth at WR position we could pick a #2 WR in the 3rd or 4th round. 

I don't think anyone asked about either LB or S.  Dave just answered the questions he was asked.

Not a long time.  We had one in '13 in Mike Mitchell.  The Steelers just chose to pay him like he was the next coming of Polamalu.  

The primary issue with "enforcer" safeties is that the NFL has damn near banned that style of play.  If you hit a WR hard, there's gonna be a flag fly.  Doesn't matter if the hit was actually illegal or not.  If the pads pop the flags usually fly.

These days, all a WR has to do after a big hit is lay there like they've been shot and that late flag will come a flyin'.  Like you said, doesn't matter if it isn't a late hit, or a hit to the head, or a hit leading with their helmet or anything else.  A big hit + a receiver laying on the grouind = a flag

Two things I'm remembering from it is that he said there are 4 or 5 Left Tackles in the draft. We can speculate as to who they may be. And he seemed to rule out moving up in the draft significantly. He specifically mentioned that giving up a 2nd rd pick was too much. "There is value in those picks."

I always frown upon this notion because people bring it up every year, but I'd be open to trading down to the early 2nd this year. Like if we're at 25 and Gurley is still on the board, my first instinct is to work the phones and see how much people are willing to give up to move back into the first.

lol, if Gurley is there then he will be drafted faster than Star or Benjamin.

lol, if Gurley is there then he will be drafted faster than Star or Benjamin.

Well I mean if you're not looking for longevity in your draft picks, go right ahead and take him like a fool

Seriously when has drafting a runner in the first and second ever worked out for this franchise in 20 years? All it's done for us is lead to disappointment.

Well I mean if you're not looking for longevity in your draft picks, go right ahead and take him like a fool

Seriously when has drafting a runner in the first and second ever worked out for this franchise in 20 years? All it's done for us is lead to disappointment.

deangelo and stewart are not disappointments, just overpaid by former management.

I always frown upon this notion because people bring it up every year, but I'd be open to trading down to the early 2nd this year. Like if we're at 25 and Gurley is still on the board, my first instinct is to work the phones and see how much people are willing to give up to move back into the first.

If Gurley is still on the board after Houston's pick (#16) I'm betting Arizona will be on phones trying hard to move up. If Gurley is still on board by Philly's pick (#20) I'm betting our FO will be doing the same.

Peat, Flowers, Collins, Humphries, maybe Clemmings. That'd be my guess at least.

Drafting Cameron Erving gives the team alot of flexibility in case of injury.  Thats a skillset none of the other OTs can offer.  You have a 53 man roster, when you have a player that can play any position on the oline, you deffinately have an asset.

deangelo and stewart are not disappointments, just overpaid by former management.

The investment makes the disappointment, and at the very least, a 27th and 13th pick on two guys that mustered 3 1000 yard seasons. Pathetic.

Yet everybody's eyes get wide on this forum every time there is a running back prospect. You guys never learn.

Archived