• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now open for discussion -> The Gettleman Presser Thread

Jeremy Igo

After this presser I think Landon Collins is the pick.... notice safety didn't come up at all..... 

If so I really hope we either make him lose 15 pounds to get some more quickness or keep him at 230+ and have him play OLB. I'm fine with him at 25 if that is the plan. I really don't want him playing SS at 230 lbs. I think that would be a mistake.

It seems that I have been reading that Peat has some question marks....some say dominant, some say not so much. Wonder If he is one of the guys he is talking about not being worthy at 25 if he falls that far.

It seems that I have been reading that Peat has some question marks....some say dominant, some say not so much. Wonder If he is one of the guys he is talking about not being worthy at 25 if he falls that far.

Hard to find anyone past the top 5-10 prospects that don't have any weaknesses, let alone by 25

This D has been missing an enforcer at safety for a long time

Not a long time.  We had one in '13 in Mike Mitchell.  The Steelers just chose to pay him like he was the next coming of Polamalu.  

The primary issue with "enforcer" safeties is that the NFL has damn near banned that style of play.  If you hit a WR hard, there's gonna be a flag fly.  Doesn't matter if the hit was actually illegal or not.  If the pads pop the flags usually fly.

After this presser I think Landon Collins is the pick.... notice safety didn't come up at all..... 

did linebacker?  I agree it isn't what he said it is what he didnt say that matters.

Dont think he is even thinking WR in the first round.  With the depth at WR position we could pick a #2 WR in the 3rd or 4th round. 

I always frown upon this notion because people bring it up every year, but I'd be open to trading down to the early 2nd this year. Like if we're at 25 and Gurley is still on the board, my first instinct is to work the phones and see how much people are willing to give up to move back into the first.

Not a long time.  We had one in '13 in Mike Mitchell.  The Steelers just chose to pay him like he was the next coming of Polamalu.  

The primary issue with "enforcer" safeties is that the NFL has damn near banned that style of play.  If you hit a WR hard, there's gonna be a flag fly.  Doesn't matter if the hit was actually illegal or not.  If the pads pop the flags usually fly.

Next years draft I already have him picked out.  

Archived