• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now open for discussion -> The Gettleman Presser Thread

Jeremy Igo

Seems like we will be selecting between Todd Gurley or a DE in the first round. He seemed really comfortable about the depth at WR and OT, and will be leaning on addressing those positions in the later round. BTW, after his comments about players with character concerns, I can finally put to rest that DGB will not be drafted by the Panthers in any round. 

He sounded less than enamored with the pass rushers in this draft. Most fit a 3-4 and there are a few that fit ours but he didn't seem like he was ready to gush over them. I get the feeling the 2nd round is where he would start to look at them.

He sounded less than enamored with the pass rushers in this draft. Most fit a 3-4 and there are a few that fit ours but he didn't seem like he was ready to gush over them. I get the feeling the 2nd round is where he would start to look at them.

Yep. 

I don't expect a pass rusher in round 1. Round 2 is possible. See my mock for more. 

I agree. I believe he thinks that Gregory and Shane Ray are 3-4 OLBs. But I don't know if he has a first round grade on the DE from UCLA. 

Pretty good presser. He didn't seem overly sure about our RB situation, so a Todd Gurley pick would not surprise. Not that I think it will happen.

when he said CONNERS, I was like Conner who? then I was like oh...... Corners.... lol

the water bottle drop and FUMBLE was amazing just amazing.

Character issue guys and 3-4 defensive players have no shot on getting drafted....

This draft could go any which way. He has a lot of mobility this year and that makes it harder to figure out. I don't think we'll be taking a Tackle first round, I'd be surprised.

That would be nearly impossible.  

Umm... those small DE's that everyone is so high on.  He's not going for that poo.  I bet he'll have them as more 3-4 LB's, and pass.  DGB, and I think pretty much everyone knows why.  Other than that, and still those are wild guesses... who the hell knows?

This.  He basically straight up said that we're not drafting guys who they feel are 3-4 fits.  There's no scheme fit for them here.

I agree. I believe he thinks that Gregory and Shane Ray are 3-4 OLBs. But I don't know if he has a first round grade on the DE from UCLA. 

I think he would have a 1st round grade on him except for the hip issue which I'm thinking is what he was thinking about when he mentioned the longevity issue. Paraphrasing him here: "If you take a guy in the 1st or 2nd round, you're not planning on him playing for 3 years then going home." Odighizuwa has two surgically repaired hips and likely a degenerative condition.

Pretty good presser. He didn't seem overly sure about our RB situation, so a Todd Gurley pick would not surprise. Not that I think it will happen.

Reading in between the lines from what was said at the league meetings and today about Fozzy, they in no way think he is the answer to be RB2. He wants a RB from this draft and he really wants Gurley, but doubts he will fall. 3rd is the latest I think we take one.

Archived