• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now open for discussion -> The Gettleman Presser Thread

Jeremy Igo

Hard to believe we take a wide out that early. In fact, after listening to that if Gurley is still there, he's our guy

Don't think he will make it to us.  I definitely don't think he will make it past Arizona.

Seems like we will be selecting between Todd Gurley or a DE in the first round. He seemed really comfortable about the depth at WR and OT, and will be leaning on addressing those positions in the later round. BTW, after his comments about players with character concerns, I can finally put to rest that DGB will not be drafted by the Panthers in any round. 

I think from what he said and how he said it, you can rule out anyone with dom vio past. So no DGB. However, weed on the other hand he intimated that could be mitigated...depends on how good he is I'm guessing. But DV in your past? He won't put a cat on your hat.

I'd  say that the weed thing is probably more an overall character decision than talent.  Frank, for example, is a player with upside but I don't think the team would have hung on to him unless they were convinced of the circumstances behind the issue and that he could fix it.  They aren't going to take a talented guy who just doesn't care... goes back to the "ticking time bomb" statement from the last conference.

Gotta love listening to Gman spit knowledge. Love him or hate him (if you're an idiot), Gettleman knows more about football than everyone on this board combined.

My biggest takeaways from the presser: expect the Panthers to trade up, guys with obvious character issues will not be in that locker room, if we land a LT it'll be in the first round

Love that guy (not in a gay way). He has given this team the balls and chutzpah it needed. I have total faith in his ability to find the best talent in this draft. Not afraid to do what needs to be done in regards to personal. I believe he has learned by any past mistakes and will not repeat them. Getting stronger every step of the way.

Archived