• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whisky River

Jeremy Igo

I saw Natasha Bedingfield play there back in 2008. She is pretty hot and that damn Pocket Full of Sunshine song was so catchy. I think the Veronicas opened up for her. 

The only other time I was there was when I had a work conference and we had rooms at the Aloft. Had a few drinks that night and took an Ambien around 11pm to get to sleep. 10 mins later a girl that was attending the conference called me from the lobby and asked if I would go to Whiskey River with her. I remember making it down to the lobby, then something about a mechanical bull but that's about it. 

Good times. 

I figured phillyb you would at least answer the question considering you probably know his real name and blood type. carry on no need to interfere with the circle jerkness, tho it would be nice to know the kid who has been "jokingly" tourmented online didn't just get murdered.

i feel like i've completely missed something here

there's a little dive in bumfug kernersville, north carolina called time out. the bartender looks like ten miles of bad road and shirtless fat boys sit around calling each other sexual epithets and girls with browning logos tattooed on their necks grind on their men with browning logos tattooed on their arms and a dj spins discs of rap songs that white people know so a duo of women indistinguishable from dat alice mirror pics can scream oh ***** ***** motherfuger into a mic covered in bo rounds and skoal.

i imagine whiskey river is like a larger version of time out.

there's a little dive in bumfug kinston, north carolina called time out. the bartender looks like ten miles of bad road and shirtless debo lookalikes sit around calling each other sexual epithets and girls with tupac tattooed on their necks grind on their men with thug life tattooed on their arms and a dj spins discs of rock songs black people know so a duo of women indistinguishable from precious mirror pics can scream i wanna fug you like an animal into a mic covered in kfc and cocoa butter lotion.

i imagine club 935 is like a larger version of time out.

there's a little dive in bumfug kernersville, north carolina called time out. the bartender looks like ten miles of bad road and shirtless fat boys sit around calling each other sexual epithets and girls with browning logos tattooed on their necks grind on their men with browning logos tattooed on their arms and a dj spins discs of rap songs that white people know so a duo of women indistinguishable from dat alice mirror pics can scream oh ***** ***** motherfuger into a mic covered in bo rounds and skoal.

i imagine whiskey river is like a larger version of time out.

No need to lump all Kernersville as bumfug because of a little dive bar, now. Granted I've never set foot in this fine establishment, as described.

So it's no longer the ruiner of Charlotte night life? Because that's what it was day one for me. I don't do downtown anymore though.

I mean there are places you can go, depending on what you're interested in. SIP isn't too bad from my recollection. It's pretty low-key. Prohibition is less low-key. It's cool, but there aren't enough girls there and for the most part it's just couples and creepy dudes.

I guess what I'm saying is yeah, it kinda sucks.

Archived