• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL scouts anonymously discuss the top WR prospects:

gettlemanjack

Kinda off topic:

Kenny Bell still fascinates the crap outta me.  No one goes up to grab the ball quite like he does in this draft class and he's a great blocker on top of it. 

He got bigger in the offseason but didn't seem to lose his speed (This has been his big concern).  He's a case where he didn't blaze at the combine but you can see he hits a crazy second level in games.  I think Bell and Dezmin Lewis could be great mid-round grabs after getting a receiver in R1 or 2.      

Gotta rep my boy...

12. SAMMIE COATES, Auburn (6-1½, 212, 4.40, 2-3): Fourth-year junior with degree in public administration. "He is a great kid," one scout said. "He has worked so hard. He is such a positive personality that I think he might overcome the inconsistent catching. It'll kill him to drop a ball. He'll work at it." Strong (23 reps on the bench), athletic (41-inch vertical jump) and very fast. Wonderlic of 14. "He's stiff, like the guy the Raiders drafted from Maryland (Darrius Heyward-Bey)," said another scout. "Couldn't get out of breaks. Coates falls in that category." Burned Alabama for 206 yards in five receptions. Finished with 82 catches for 1,757 (21.4) and 13 TDs. His problematic knees concern some teams. "A JC kid (D'Haquille Williams) came in this year and was their top receiver over him," a third scout said. "But he runs by people in the best conference." From Leroy, Ala.

The drawbacks are obvious.

The upside is coachability, attitude, speed, and size.

I've said this all along, Perriman has bust written all over him.  He'll be drafted too high because of his 40 time.  Reminds me a lot of Troy Williamson.  

Interesting about Dorial Green-Beckham.  He seems like another Josh Gordon.  Phenomenal talent with the potential to be a top 5 WR in the NFL, but is stupid about his weed consumption.  His off field issues might mean the Panthers have already taken him off their board.  It was pretty damn clear Deangelo Williams smoked weed but he was never once suspended.  Some players just know how to get away with it and others are stupid and deserve to get caught.

Archived