• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL scouts anonymously discuss the top WR prospects:

gettlemanjack

ouch not high praise for Smith who some want us to use a first rounder on

then again these things always smell of bullshit

Exactly what I was saying about Smith. Very limited route tree and mediocre hands. Not an every down WR.

Difference in people actually watching a player play (me) and someone who watches youtube highlight videos.

11. TYLER LOCKETT, Kansas State (5-10, 181, 4.35, 2): Compared by one scout to Dexter McCluster. "Love him," one scout said. "Extremely quick. Great bloodlines. He's not small by any means. Blazing speed, quick, good route runner. Strong hands. Abysmal quarterback play. The fact he got the production he did when opponents knew he was their primary threat was impressive to me." Both his father, Kevin, and uncle, Aaron, were top WRs at K-State. Started for 3½ years, finishing with 249 catches for 3,710 (14.9) and 29 TDs. "If he was 6-feet he might be the best receiver," another scout said. "It was a nothing team but this guy just made play after play after play." From Tulsa, Okla.

GREEN-BECKHAM

Scout 1: "Oklahoma had to hold him out of some drills because he was just dominating practices. He was (abusing) their starters, It wasn't even close." 

Scout 2: "He's so big and so fast"

Scout 3: "He's going to be a hit immediately for whoever drafts him"

Draft this man please!!!

11. TYLER LOCKETT, Kansas State (5-10, 181, 4.35, 2): Compared by one scout to Dexter McCluster. "Love him," one scout said. "Extremely quick. Great bloodlines. He's not small by any means. Blazing speed, quick, good route runner. Strong hands. Abysmal quarterback play. The fact he got the production he did when opponents knew he was their primary threat was impressive to me." Both his father, Kevin, and uncle, Aaron, were top WRs at K-State. Started for 3½ years, finishing with 249 catches for 3,710 (14.9) and 29 TDs. "If he was 6-feet he might be the best receiver," another scout said. "It was a nothing team but this guy just made play after play after play." From Tulsa, Okla.

Great Bloodlines??? Is he a Lannister or something?

Would love to pick him up.  This WR class is deep no need to pick a first rounder. 

Yeah no thanks

5. BRESHAD PERRIMAN, Central Florida (6-2, 212, 4.27, 1-2): His father, Brett, caught 525 passes in a 10-year career spent mostly with Detroit. He was 5-9, 180. "Totally different from his dad," one scout said. "His dad was really quick. This guy is bigger. You don't see the speed he ran. This guy doesn't run routes. He has a rough time against press because he's not quick and he's tight. I see a straight-line speed guy." Third-year junior with 115 catches for 2,243 (19.5) and 16 TDs. "He plays fast, he plays big and I like him," a third scout said. "It's a little surprising given the dad that he's not a better route runner." Two-year starter from Lithonia, Ga. "Hands were very iffy this year," said a fourth scout. "He has a big up side but obviously a lower floor because he has inconsistencies catching. He really just hasn't put it all together yet."

Archived