• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL scouts anonymously discuss the top WR prospects:

gettlemanjack

GREEN-BECKHAM

Scout 1: "Oklahoma had to hold him out of some drills because he was just dominating practices. He was (abusing) their starters, It wasn't even close."

Scout 2: "He's so big and so fast"

Scout 3: "He's going to be a hit immediately for whoever drafts him"

COOPER

Scout 1: "Reggie Wayne has always been under the radar as being a great receiver. That's Cooper."

Scout 2: "I think he's better than Torry Holt, Roddy White"

KEVIN WHITE

Scout 1: "Last year they couldn't cover Mike Evans. This guy falls into that category. Fun player to watch."

Scout 2: "he's going to be a good starter"

Scout 3: "not one thing wrong with him"

DORSETT:

Scout 1: "He can play outside because he'll be the fastest guy in the NFL...There's nobody that fast. Better version of John Brown, who was a hell of a rookie for the Cardinals. He's just a bullet."

Scout 2: "He may be a gadget guy but, boy, he gets on the DB's toes quickly...I mean, he is explosive."

Scout 3: "Can play inside or outside...He might not be a team's No. 1 ever but he's going to scare people because he can go."

PARKER

Scout 1: "A little soft"

Scout 2: "He's a very quiet type of kid so I think people have some concern for his mental, which is a big thing for wideouts." (Wonderlic of 15)

AGHOLOR

Scout 1: "He's OK. Gets pushed around."

Scout 2: "Very similar to Marquise Lee...Slender build. Good speed, not special speed."

Scout 3: "He's kind of like Jeremy Maclin...He can play both (outside and slot). His best things are versatility and route running. You wish he was bigger, but besides that he's pretty solid."

Scout 4: "(Randall) Cobb might be a little bit stronger, but it's the same quickness...He makes people miss. Just skinny."

PERRIMAN

Scout 1: "You don't see the speed he ran. This guy doesn't run routes. He has a rough time against press because he's not quick and he's tight. I see a straight-line speed guy."

Scout 2: "It's a little surprising given the dad that he's not a better route runner."

Scout 3: "Hands were very iffy this year ... he has inconsistencies catching. He really just hasn't put it all together yet."

STRONG

his wrist injury that has led one team to reject him medically

Scout 1: "If you watch him play, he looks more like a possession guy. I don't see the great fanfare in his play. He's adequate. I don't think he's sensational."

Scout 2: "jump-ball type receiver...Limited as a route runner."

Scout 3: "Reminds me of Larry Fitzgerald ... has amazing talent to leap like Fitzgerald"

DEVIN SMITH

Scout 1: "Hands are average, route-running average."

Scout 2: "he's not going to be an every-down No. 1 or No. 2 type receiver. He'll be a great gunner but a back-end (of the roster) receiver."

Scout 3: "He needs some work, but if nothing else he'll come in and take the top off the coverage and be great on (special) teams"

JUSTIN HARDY

Scout: "I'll tell you what," one scout said. "If you want a possession guy that can play in the slot, he's got the best hands of anybody in the draft. He's like that kid from LSU last year (Jarvis Landry)."

etc

http://m.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rating-the-nfl-draft-prospects-wide-receivers-and-tight-ends-b99485878z1-301009311.html

Anything coming out of a scout's mouth at this time is aimed at getting a player chosen because a team wants someone else or tearing someone down so a team passes. Scouts get fired for speaking the truth outside the meeting room.

I think Dorsett is the man we want. We want a deep threat, and he does that. He is more polished than Devin Smith, and crazy fast. 4.2 speed? And with great hands? He is everything Kelvin isn't, haha. We have two completely different weapons, who provide crazy mismatches. You won't have a corner as big as Kelvin, and you won't have a corner as fast as Dorsett. Who do you shift the safety too? It would be a formidable pairing.

I think Dorsett is the man we want. We want a deep threat, and he does that. He is more polished than Devin Smith, and crazy fast. 4.2 speed? And with great hands? He is everything Kelvin isn't, haha. We have two completely different weapons, who provide crazy mismatches. You won't have a corner as big as Kelvin, and you won't have a corner as fast as Dorsett. Who do you shift the safety too? It would be a formidable pairing.

My little sister is bigger than Dorsett. His size worries me....

My little sister is bigger than Dorsett. His size worries me....

Your sister is 5'10" and almost 200 pounds? Jesus christ!... Anyways, my point is, he really isn't THAT small.... And the receiving load for him shouldn't be that high. He is a deep threat. Not a possession receiver. He gives us what our offense needs, and at a value where he is projected to go. On top of that, I really think this guy is going to be good. To be such a burner and have such good hands, is hard to find.

Archived