• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL scouts anonymously discuss the top OT prospects:

gettlemanjack

Honestly, this makes me just wanna scoop up a few mid-late round OTs.  I've had that inclin a few times this offseason.  

How big is the impact difference between let's say Ogbuehi/Flowers and a Rob Crisp/Daryl Baldwin?

In some ways Flowers seems like one of the safer picks. At worst you end up with a really good RT.

Why waste a pick on a spot we already have young, promising talent in Remmers already? Im telling all of ya, aslong as the O line we had from December/Jan stays healthy and Oher can be somewhat capable (something Bell never came close to doing) our O line will be perfectly fine.

Why waste a pick on a spot we already have young, promising talent in Remmers already? Im telling all of ya, aslong as the O line we had from December/Jan stays healthy and Oher can be somewhat capable (something Bell never came close to doing) our O line will be perfectly fine.

Because Remmers isn't proven. Bring in competition. I he regresses, then what?

Remmers is far from proven.  He'd appeared in only one NFL game prior to this season and has a whopping 5 starts under his belt.  People thought Bell was promising after he filled in admirably well for an undrafted rookie FA.

See, now do all of you see why I have positing for months now that I hate this O line class this year? Not a single damn one impressess me whatsoever. I can say with complete confidence that we are fine at O line. Look how well our O line played down the stretch and even played well against good Ds like the Cards and Seahawks. I love what I saw out of Remmers, I loved what I saw out of Norwell, Kalil is a stud, Trai Turner is a stud and we got rid of Bell and added Oher who will be reunited with his old O line coach from the Ravens when Oher looked like a stud his 1st two years.

Combine what I said above with what these scouts are saying about how these O lineman in this draft are average AT best, there is no way you can justify using your 1st rounder on one.

I agree, I would rather take a late rd chance on a tackle then take one in the first and him ending up being a bust

Archived