• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL scouts anonymously discuss the top OT prospects:

gettlemanjack

LA'EL COLLINS

-Scout 1: "He could be a Pro Bowl guard, but I also think he can play tackle"

-Scout 2: "He doesn't have ideal length to be a full-time left tackle. ... But when you see him in a workout and roll it all together, he's going to be a longtime starter at left guard or left tackle."

-Scout 3: "He's a lot like Scherff...Little short-armed (33¼)."

HUMPHRIES

Scout 1: "Smart, good family, great kid ... Needs more bulk but he has the frame to be a 320 guy without any problems."

Scout 2: "He's got every tool you look for in a left tackle. ... Probably the best athlete of the O-line group ... He just has to grow into his body. He came in at 255 and he's 300 now. ... He does play physical. It's just some of the bigger, more stout guys are harder for him to move. ... Great kid. Leader of that O-line the last two years."

Scout 3: "He's late off the ball all the time ... You worry about him a little bit mentally [because of his Wonderlic score of 12, tied with La'el Collins]"

PEAT

-Scout 1: "I respect what people think about the guy, but every defensive player I saw against Stanford kicked the (expletive) out of the guy...I saw him get thrown around like a rag doll...If you're asking me who was the most overrated guy I saw, it was that guy."

-Scout 2: "He's got damn good feet but...He doesn't have any core strength. ... he's never been pushed. He doesn't take hard coaching."

-Scout 3: "He's what I call a beautiful athlete...So smooth. Really impressive physically. I compared him to Tyron Smith. Great pass protector. Just not that powerful at this age."

FISHER

-Scout 1: "He's got no strength or power in his lower body."

-Scout 2: "He does need to get thicker but some of that is technique and Oregon is not a big weightlifting program...He's really a hard guy to (evaluate). You watch the workout and he's really a good athlete, but he doesn't play to it. Kid plays hard. Obviously, he's got athletic ability."

CLEMMINGS

-Failed one team's physical because of a bad knee.

-Scout 1: "He's really powerful...I've got no negatives at all. He's got excellent strength, power, aggressiveness, tenacity. Good pass-block technician."

-Scout 2: "Has the fire in him that you like...Needs some technique work. Great kid. His learning is good enough. He'll pick it up and work at it. But it'd be a mistake to think he could play left tackle."

FLOWERS

-Scout 1: "Strictly a right tackle or guard...He can't play left tackle because he isn't quick. He is powerful and he does have an anchor. He's stiff, so he has problems with adjust and recovery. ... He needs a lot of work ... Big disappointment of the (top) group."

-Scout 2: "Fundamentally, he's got to clean some things up. ... He's got to learn"

-Scout 3: "right tackle"

OGBUEHI

-Scout 1: "His ACL was pretty common but he's had back issues his whole career there," a third scout said. "Just during games you'd see him stretching, and in practice he was always doing some maintenance on the back. There's got to be some legitimate concerns about the back."

-Scout 2: "He's soft, but he'll probably go late first (round)...He's got great feet...He's better than Luke Joeckel coming out."

-Scout 3 - "He's going to take a year, but he's athletic as hell...He didn't look good at left tackle this year but looked great at right tackle the year before and great at guard the year before that. He's not Joeckel or Matthews. He doesn't have the inner fiber those two have."

DONOVAN SMITH

-Scout 1: "He's a giant human being that can kind of do whatever he wants...He's got good feet and bend for a big guy. Definitely can be a left tackle. He also can play with power. He was completely dominant at the Senior Bowl. But he's selfish, is up and down in games and has weight and conditioning issues."

-Scout 2: [character concerns] "work ethic issue"

-Scout 3: [character concerns] "lazy"

-Scout 4: [character concerns] "but he'll play."

etc

http://m.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rating-the-nfl-draft-prospects-offensive-linemen-b99486136z1-301296461.html

Interesting bit on that Robinson kid:

8. COREY ROBINSON, South Carolina (6-6 ½, 321, 5.30, 2-3): Compared by one scout to Chargers LT King Dunlap. "He's a monster," said one scout. "Some people like big. Buffalo goes big. He's not a great foot athlete but I don't know if you have to be when you're a monster." Compared by another scout to Bills RT Seantrel Henderson. "He didn't play hard, and his technique's crappy," a fourth scout said. "You wonder about his intelligence but then he aced the Wonderlic (40). He's just all over the place." Moved from DT to LT, where he started three seasons. "I was there," said a fifth scout. "They're all glad he's leaving... said he's hard to coach, he's lazy. But that (expletive) has talent. Somebody will take him late three (third round)." From Havelock, N.C.

I've barely seen him talked about here which is odd being a gamecock and all. 

See, now do all of you see why I have positing for months now that I hate this O line class this year? Not a single damn one impressess me whatsoever. I can say with complete confidence that we are fine at O line. Look how well our O line played down the stretch and even played well against good Ds like the Cards and Seahawks. I love what I saw out of Remmers, I loved what I saw out of Norwell, Kalil is a stud, Trai Turner is a stud and we got rid of Bell and added Oher who will be reunited with his old O line coach from the Ravens when Oher looked like a stud his 1st two years.

Combine what I said above with what these scouts are saying about how these O lineman in this draft are average AT best, there is no way you can justify using your 1st rounder on one.

Archived